Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my third 3008. Had petrol eat6 Allure. Then diesel GtLine.
Now 1.5 GT Pearl White with black pack. My thoughts on new car.
Good.
Love the new look. For me the front end is more impactive and cuts a impressive look. Love the new shape lights and fangs. Rear wider look works for me. I like the scrolling indicators. And the smoked light cluster. Inside the seats are better looking and the interior finish feels smarter. The larger screen on info unit looks more impressive. Adaptive cruise control- love it.
Disappointments.
I get that the black pack is a very ‘marmite’ look. I love it. BUT the side panels don’t work for me. All the chrome on the car is replaced with black polished metal which gives a lovely two tone with the black plastic moldings. With the exception of the side panels. Chrome is removed but nothing in place. And leaves the car in my view with a slightly unfinished look. The black finished satin roof is a big step forward from the black fleck finish I had on the Gt line. (Which I found to be a poor finish and marked very easily with bird mess no matter how quick I was a cleaning it away). The black 19 wheels with the black pack are a real winner for me. I also really like the black badges to the car and 3008 on bonnet. But the missing side black ‘chrome’ molding is a real opportunity missed to tie the whole car visually together. Also would have liked the chrome door kick plates in black.
Bad or missed opportunities.
The info system. I really wonder if Peugeot ever listen to their consumer. Driving needs ease to use and one touch for key things. A Home Screen should contain what u need. Not to have to go digging around. A button to turn the info screen light off. One button either on Home Screen or built into the molding - and a dimmer ability for the dials and info unit in the Home Screen. Not in the menus. Why on earth is there ability for the passenger side temperature on the main menu and NOT the ability to change temperature direction control. Driving needs one touch not multi pressing or piano keys and then button touch. The sport mode turns dials red but not the info unit (it did on the gtline) so now in sport you have mixed visual colors which look naff. The mapping unit is the same and outdated. But visual display of the lettering is crisp. A couple more options are available for your personal dial set up. But these could have included coloring or at least a red upper limit for outputs. Would have looked that touch more smarter. Eco mode has no different colour profile and it should but for both screens.

In summary I am very pleased with the car. I knew what I was getting just feel for the upgrade Peugeot have missed some real opportunities.

And finally the app is still utter crap.
But then again most of us know that maybe Peugeot will do something about it at some point. Due to the fact that it is sold as part of the Peugeot experience.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
The crap experience of the app is to get the customer ready for the experience of dealing with Peugeot " lack of " customer service if they happen to ever need to contact them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the 2019 GT fully loaded and have been looking at the new refresh, i thought it was fairly quick that they did it and was trying to decide if it was worth it for me, ill probably at least wait till the 2022 model is released in case they need to fix any bugs

Great to know its an overall improvement

The new 2008s also looks great as well and i believe it has many of the features found in the 3008

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is my third 3008. Had petrol eat6 Allure. Then diesel GtLine.
Now 1.5 GT Pearl White with black pack. My thoughts on new car.
Good.
Love the new look. For me the front end is more impactive and cuts a impressive look. Love the new shape lights and fangs. Rear wider look works for me. I like the scrolling indicators. And the smoked light cluster. Inside the seats are better looking and the interior finish feels smarter. The larger screen on info unit looks more impressive. Adaptive cruise control- love it.
Disappointments.
I get that the black pack is a very ‘marmite’ look. I love it. BUT the side panels don’t work for me. All the chrome on the car is replaced with black polished metal which gives a lovely two tone with the black plastic moldings. With the exception of the side panels. Chrome is removed but nothing in place. And leaves the car in my view with a slightly unfinished look. The black finished satin roof is a big step forward from the black fleck finish I had on the Gt line. (Which I found to be a poor finish and marked very easily with bird mess no matter how quick I was a cleaning it away). The black 19 wheels with the black pack are a real winner for me. I also really like the black badges to the car and 3008 on bonnet. But the missing side black ‘chrome’ molding is a real opportunity missed to tie the whole car visually together. Also would have liked the chrome door kick plates in black.
Bad or missed opportunities.
The info system. I really wonder if Peugeot ever listen to their consumer. Driving needs ease to use and one touch for key things. A Home Screen should contain what u need. Not to have to go digging around. A button to turn the info screen light off. One button either on Home Screen or built into the molding - and a dimmer ability for the dials and info unit in the Home Screen. Not in the menus. Why on earth is there ability for the passenger side temperature on the main menu and NOT the ability to change temperature direction control. Driving needs one touch not multi pressing or piano keys and then button touch. The sport mode turns dials red but not the info unit (it did on the gtline) so now in sport you have mixed visual colors which look naff. The mapping unit is the same and outdated. But visual display of the lettering is crisp. A couple more options are available for your personal dial set up. But these could have included coloring or at least a red upper limit for outputs. Would have looked that touch more smarter. Eco mode has no different colour profile and it should but for both screens.

In summary I am very pleased with the car. I knew what I was getting just feel for the upgrade Peugeot have missed some real opportunities.

And finally the app is still utter crap.
But then again most of us know that maybe Peugeot will do something about it at some point. Due to the fact that it is sold as part of the Peugeot experience.
2DF88169-B34F-4F88-B485-37C7E8EEEEBD.jpeg

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Nice cheeky Smile that car has hehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts