Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my own checklist for the handover... is there anything obvious I'm missing apart from general appearance being as expected?

1) Firmware version
2) Maps version
3) Number plates are level
4) Floppy bonnet TSB applied, if needed
5) GT Line contrast stitching
6) Options purchased are present...
7) ACC buttons / stalk is there
8) TomTom Live Services set up
9) £50 finder fee cheque ;)
10) Seek 1 month check-up clarity

I would really appreciate knowing what other people checked / intend to check.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You could add check Tyre pressures mine were way over. There was also a TSB for something to do with the rear seats.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's 5 and 7?
5) Some GT Lines were rumoured to lack the aikinite contrast stitching they're supposed to have on the armrest, gear lever gaiter and dashboard. If yours doesn't have it, and you still want to keep it, the Dealer may 'give' you £500.

7) I ordered ACC and an obvious way of knowing there was no cock-up there was if the buttons for it are present... are blanked-out, or if it's a new stalk.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Check that Audio/Telematics handbook is in car
Check that compressor is working (if you have one)
Check tyre pressures and reinitialise if altered

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great thread. Getting mine next Tuesday! I'll check all my options are present. I think the missing GT Line stitching is just the section on the dash above the glove box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yes the stitching was indeed the section just above the glovebox.

I'd also add:

Check the interior trim fixing - in particular the fixing of the single chrome trim piece that runs across the top of the glovebox (mine and others have been loose and fell off). I had to have a new piece ordered and fitted. Also check other trim around the car (particular in the front of the 3008) is clipped in tightly.

The back of both front seats (shell) can become detached near where the rear seat passengers have their feet (a TSB exists for this issue), which although hasn't been mentioned here, is becoming an issue in Europe).

Reactions: Hippogriff

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems a bit over the top !
Bet your dealer/salesman can?t wait to get rid of you
Over the top? I think exactly the opposite. ;) I want to expand that list. The more I check at handover the better the long-term outcome. Leaving things to trust is naïve. Going back and back is in the interests of no-one.

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Hippo,

Another thing to check is that there is a full set of mats with Alkinite contrasting stitching as it comes as standard with GT Line and GT trim level.

There was none in my GT Line when I went to collect it so told dealer at handover they are standard....he miraculously found them immediately in the Allure showroom car.

I bet they try it on so they have 'free' sets available to sweeten the deal for potential Allure buyers.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yes the stitching was indeed the section just above the glovebox.

I'd also add:

Check the interior trim fixing - in particular the fixing of the single chrome trim piece that runs across the top of the glovebox (mine and others have been loose and fell off). I had to have a new piece ordered and fitted. Also check other trim around the car (particular in the front of the 3008) is clipped in tightly.

The back of both front seats (shell) can become detached near where the rear seat passengers have their feet (a TSB exists for this issue), which although hasn't been mentioned here, is becoming an issue in Europe).
http://www.forum-peugeot.com/Forum/forum-peugeot/peugeot-3008-p84/soucis-3008-ii-sujet_67_34.htm

You'll see the front seat issue (in the link above) coming away from the shell back. Apparently it won't just clip back in by pushing it. I've seen numerous posts on other European forums showing exactly the same symptom - one to just double check, when looking around the car.

Reactions: Hippogriff

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Also,

Check the chrome strip above the passenger glovebox is firmly fitted...3 members, (me included), have had them loose on hand over.

Last thing....and most important, enjoy your new 3008 SUV...it's fab.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brilliant tip!
Also,

Check the chrome strip above the passenger glovebox is firmly fitted...3 members, (me included), have had them loose on hand over.

Last thing....and most important, enjoy your new 3008 SUV...it's fab.
It's not mine! I'm just buying it. I would have one, though. But I think the auto suffers from rollback, and I could never live with that. Still a really desirable car, though... and I'm really enthusiastic about the choice made. Best of a strong bunch.

I may get put on the insurance as a name driver... time will tell.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Over the top? I think exactly the opposite. ;) I want to expand that list. The more I check at handover the better the long-term outcome. Leaving things to trust is naïve. Going back and back is in the interests of no-one.
Putting my list together now:lol: - paying for a 35k GT it better be top line but only way to ensure this is have a check list. Agree the dealer won't (may not) like it but hey:nod:he would expect the same if it was his:eek:

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is my own checklist for the handover... is there anything obvious I'm missing apart from general appearance being as expected?

1) Firmware version
2) Maps version
3) Number plates are level
4) Floppy bonnet TSB applied, if needed
5) GT Line contrast stitching
6) Options purchased are present...
7) ACC buttons / stalk is there
8) TomTom Live Services set up
9) £50 finder fee cheque

10) Seek 1 month check-up clarity

I would really appreciate knowing what other people checked / intend to check.
Didn't cross my mind to have my own check list, but now I shall draw one up from all the comments on this thread, and spend a couple of hours going through it at the dealers when collecting the car!

·
Registered
41 Posts
What's the TSB applied on the floppy bonnet? I'm aware that the car has suffered with bonnet flapping but what does the fix look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 55 Posts