Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having starting problems with my Peugeot Partner 2002 1.9 non turbo diesel 97K

. Initial problem turned out to be leaking injector return hoses which I replaced after trying the fuel filter first. I added a non return valve as recommended by several people
After this it was good for months usually starting on 1st or 2nd crank.

Over last few weeks problem has returned , going from not starting in the mornings, then to when it had been sitting for several hours, and now won't start from cold at all.

The only way I can get it going is with a blast of coldstart into air intake . It starts accompanied by clouds of smoke ( though thankfully not black ). and will usually reluctantly start again for up to a couple of hours .

Any suggestions as to where to start looking for problems ?
I'm thinking air leak somewhere else, or perhaps low fuel pressure due to a failing pump or pressure regulator ,

I don't know if this is relavant but it was starting easier with 1/4 + full fuel tank .
I have fuel pressure gauge kit but not sure where to connect it until Haynes Manual arrives next week

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Haynes manual arrived , I couldn't find anything wrong with fuel system . Got thinking along the lines of it 's only starting when it's still warm solooked to glow plugs . Had my Mrs turn on ignition to find no voltage at glow plugs . I found tag which feeds voltage from relay to glowplugs and connected straight to battery + terminal for 10 secs. It started 1st time new relay ordered and I'm hoping to be a happy bunny by middle of next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haynes manual arrived , I couldn't find anything wrong with fuel system . Got thinking along the lines of it 's only starting when it's still warm solooked to glow plugs . Had my Mrs turn on ignition to find no voltage at glow plugs . I found tag which feeds voltage from relay to glowplugs and connected straight to battery + terminal for 10 secs. It started 1st time new relay ordered and I'm hoping to be a happy bunny by middle of next week.
Is the manual worth having? I'm new to the partner (1.9 non turbo diesel as well). Online stuff seems thin on the ground, most useful info I've found has been for berlingos. I wondered if the haynes was going to be a mix up of all the different models?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts