Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
5,102 Posts
Looking good there Jazz :cool::cool:
are the rear windows already tinted ?? and the blue calipers look good with the silver/grey of the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aye, looks like the security glass, and the calipers were already done too.

Just going to do some sort of satnav conversion and the SMDs a think :D

·
5,102 Posts
what sort of satnav conversion you got in mind ???

oh and you need to update your sig now :rolleyes::rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trem:

There are two avenues I am looking at:

1. To add a tom-tom in the dash somewhere. I have read that someone on the Astra forums moved their MFD up to the ceiling and put a tom-tom XL in its place (as the size is very very close). They got a refurbished tom-tom and took the back off it, rigged up the on/off switch & had it so you can power it and access everything without removing it again.

2. Change the Stereo unit for one with the sat nav system in it. (If applicable) Rig it up to a reversing camera.

I want to add some reverse parking sensors. I don't really need them, but they'd be cool for when it comes to re-sale I am sure. I also want to do the LEDs. Probably just do them white.

I also wonder what blacklight footwell lights would look like.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
nice car jazz...finally chose something :lol:

i do say i like astras, especially the chrome strip on the back....just so i can check my headlights bulbs aint blown when i am parked behind :lol: :p

anyways ill get your sig sorted as per pm soon as i can mate. :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers bud! Much appreciated!!!

I'm looking at doing the following:

Added Oil & water temperature gauge
Added boost pressure gauge
debadging the words & letters
Sound System
DTUK Tuning box - maybe ;)

Judge me all you want - I'm in the process of converting the motor into an Autobot :p

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
id say the easiest by far is debadge....i did my focus to keep the chavs on the a66 guessing whats under my hood :lol:

ive actually seen an astra with the transformers badge on it....but i cant remember where! :lol:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've seen the Transformers badge too - looks good!

I like the idea of de-badging too. You can wipe the smiles off the all-noise-no-poke chav choices when you hit that thumping torque band that the 1.9cdti 150 has!

I was hoping to get hold of one of these, but many things got in the way, namely insurance cost (£2k + :eek:), and the actual purchase price for a decent one. One day!

Great colour you've got there too - hopefully it won't show the barrel loads of grit that the council are putting all over the roads at the moment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You southerners get grit?! Barely get any up here!

It has some poke like. I quite like it, chuffed I made the move!! haha!! I think I'm going to put the gauges on the A Pillar, and fibre glass the surround to it.:thumb:

·
5,102 Posts
seen a car JUST like yours today Jazz :rolleyes:
what you reckon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahh so I have a stalker!!

Jm, seriously mate, you need to try parking in Darlo college. The spaces are ridiculous, the photo doesn't give it justice. I figured parking passenger side to passenger side would be ok, and it worked out :)

·
5,102 Posts
Ahh so I have a stalker!!

Jm, seriously mate, you need to try parking in Darlo college. The spaces are ridiculous, the photo doesn't give it justice. I figured parking passenger side to passenger side would be ok, and it worked out :)
:lol::lol: yea Jazz is right the bays are tiny and i would probably park that way myself in there.There used to be a bright red golf (immaculate)there he used to park on the end beside some bushes and had foam pipe insulation on bungies along the full length of the vulnerable side to try and protect it!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha Trem that's legend that like!! I might do it myself!! I hate car parks. I hate to think of what I'd be like when I get a proper mint motor, I would get the bus in!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts