Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I hope I'm not going to regret buying French, but i've just traded in my extremely reliable HRV for a 307 2.0 xsi. I really like it in the black. First choice would've been red but not many around.

Pick it up next week...i've got big plans for it, starting with the ecosse grille and black angel eyes. :D

Will be allowed to post pics after i've submitted 5 posts here. :)

Anyway, bye Honda...hello other Scottish 307s!

G

·
:( wish i had the 1/2 leather in mine

But yeah nice car there gemma, obviously i'm partial to a black 307 cos i have one as well! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went for the 2.0 Xsi. Pick it up this weekend. I'd looked at a few old focus St170s too but couldn't find one that had low enough mileage.

Would've preferred a diesel but I was in a bit of a rush to get rid of the HRV. The MOT & Tax were up next week and it was needing a LOT of suspension work.

Don't know what to do about the 5 disc changer that's in it. I've got a fantastic (single din) Sony stereo from the HRV and most of my music is on a USB memory stick rather than CD anyway, but i'll need to get some kind of blanking plate for the other part.

Do your electric mirrors fold in automatically when the ignitions turned off? Or is there a separate button for this?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That blanking tray looks alright; was that an Ebay special?
I'd love to just keep the 5 disc thing in if only it had a front USB port.

Bit worried about all the recalls i've read about for the 307. I work for Honda though and we've got a Peugeot branch that i'm gonna phone up and they can check if it's due any.

I like your wheels Stubbo. Were they bought like that or did you get them painted?

G

·
Very few 307s had auto-folding mirrors, but there's a way to check - while seated locate the left-right selector button for the mirrors on the door and pull it towards you. If it clicks then you have folders, if it doesn't move you dont.

Removing the factory stereo (depending on the exact type you have) can be a ballache as it makes the warning light come up on the dash and you lose some access to other funtions. However, fear not! You can get various 307 specific iPod or MP3 adaptors, many of which even allow th device to be operated from the cars steering wheel controls. These connect to the aux input on the stereo, and if you have the changer then the aux input is already activated and you shouldn't need a trip to the dealer to configure it. Downside is that if your head unit only has one input, as some do, you can't have the CD changer as well. Do you know what model stereo it has? It might say something like RD4 on the front, or the handbook might tell you the model.

This isn't difficult to fit yourself, but even if you have to pay someone you ought to get change from £200 for supply and fitting.

G

·
I'm not sure where they got the tray to be honest, it was in when i got the car, had a scout on ebay but couldnt see any!

As for the wheels they were also on there (quite suprised the car yard didnt have them off!)

They are quite chipped/scratched so will look at getting them re-done sometime next year

Chopper - what warnings do you get on the dash?? i've had a nonstandard HU in for ages and nothing has happened to me, apart from the centre display/stalk control functionality

Soon sorted the stalk control one out with a small adapter though!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the advice chopper. I'll check the radio code , etc on Sunday when i pick it up. I've got hundreds of mp3s on this USB stick, just don't want to lose them.

I just assumed all Xsi's had the folding mirror option as the first one i test drove folded the mirrors in when i switched the ignition off, but this other one didn't. Maybe it was an optional extra or something. Not important! I hardly ever used this feature on the HRV.

Not long now! :)

G

·
Stubbo said:
Chopper - what warnings do you get on the dash?? i've had a nonstandard HU in for ages and nothing has happened to me, apart from the centre display/stalk control functionality
Last 307 I did a head unit on it illuminated the EML. something to do with the multiplexing. On 406s it logs a trouble code but doesn't bring up the EML for example, so I guess the cars reaction is proably inconsistent depending on the precise model and year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.