Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all as you can tell Sept 21' will be my 3 years up with the 3008, I dont regret any of the years with the car not a single problem with it, but in 2021 I am still not sure of the way forward, I love the suv size of my car after all I am over 6ft so its got good dimensions but moving cars and not knowing what to move too then there is Hybrids and full Electric but the cost of full electric is insane right now, great cars but upwards above 40k and nice once over 50k way too expensive right now.

So time will tell on what my moves will be in 2021, only time and reviewing cars will show me the path forward.

Reactions: ttimbo

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi Nate, I have the same problem deciding what type of car to lease in 2021. My present lease has been extended for a further year due to Covid 19.

I had the opportunity of trying the service managers PHEV 3008 whilst my car was being serviced and the switch from electric power only to engine power was seamless, although if I have to plug the car in to charge the battery it might as well be a full electric car but prices are prohibitive at the moment.

One alternative that I am looking at is a hybrid and the forthcoming Toyota Yaris Cross looks promising but have to wait to see how it performs when the motoring magazines get an opportunity to test it.

Just waiting to see what other hybrid models manufacturers introduce in 2021.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nate, I have the same problem deciding what type of car to lease in 2021. My present lease has been extended for a further year due to Covid 19.

I had the opportunity of trying the service managers PHEV 3008 whilst my car was being serviced and the switch from electric power only to engine power was seamless, although if I have to plug the car in to charge the battery it might as well be a full electric car but prices are prohibitive at the moment.

One alternative that I am looking at is a hybrid and the forthcoming Toyota Yaris Cross looks promising but have to wait to see how it performs when the motoring magazines get an opportunity to test it.

Just waiting to see what other hybrid models manufacturers introduce in 2021.
Absolutely agree with you it will definately be a move to hybrid, as in 2021 full electric will still be over priced, I am 6ft 1 inch and built with it so getting in and out of the 3008 is perfect for me, but as like yourself will see what 21' brings but time is running on and things need to get serious by mid 21'

Had a quick spy of the yaris cross its like the nissan juke size wise but less than our 3008, so dont think it will be that one but I keep looking on

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The 2.0 litre Hybrid power train in the C-HR is worth a try.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2.0 litre Hybrid power train in the C-HR is worth a try.
Is that to me or Aitcho ... If its for me thanks but again looks the size of a nissan juke and would be too small for me to get in and out of.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
New Rav 4 has a plug in hybrid option - due next year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts