Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new on this site and in need of a little help. I recently bought my wife a 07 plate 307cc. The car is lovely except for a noise which sounds like a police car when you accelerate and de-accelerate. A local Peugeot dealer has said its the turbo, but I have now been told that Peugeot uk require a sound recording to understand the problem!! Now Im no expert, but if one of their master techs diagnoses it as a turbo, shouldnt that be it!! I asked how they propose to record the sound, and was told they hadnt worked that out yet, maybe with a mobile phone...
So out of curiosity, I tried to record the sound with no avail. Now my question.

if i cant record the sound on my mobile while the wife drives, how are peugoet going to do it? And if they cant record the noise, any ideas how I can get this warranty claim validated??:confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you have a laptop, or know someone with one, I would suggest this: Get a cheap PC microphone, with a long lead. Use duct tape (or any strong tape) to tape the mic to the inside of the bonnet, over the top, or very near to the turbo. Tape the mic lead as much as possible, but do not cover the mic bit itself.
The plug the mic into the laptop, and that to record the sound. You can use either Windows' native Sound recorder, which will a staggering whole minute, or search the net for a better application.

·
Registered
239 Posts
think warranty as it could be the turbo and its covered,

the sound should rise and drop with rpm and not be constant as that would mean its something catching either way it should be covered by the warranty since you just bought it and its not an old car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts