Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going over to peugeot today, they said last time they can do an uncoded key for my 307 for £20

Since its the buttons that are broke then I only need a new key.

I just need to make sure that I only have to transfer the little chip on the corner of the case for my new key to work.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did buy a blank case off ebay but when I got it i realised thats not what I needed.

I need the circuit board. Look at the picture and you will see the buttons for the central locking, those little bits fell off mine.

I thought I read somewhere if I remove the transponder chip and put it in another key it may disrupt the code.

G

·
I don't know where they got that idea from, you can't take any chips off the board!

Coding it is your only option!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought the transponder was a little square thing in the corner of the case that I could pull out and put in the new key.

I thought that was the reason for selling uncoded keys.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Received second hand key today off ebay. Transferred my blade and transponder over, car starts ok but central locking not working.

What else do I have to transfer over to get it working. Is there any guide to sync it with the car.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are the pics, just to recap, the problem with the key initially was the buttons that control the central locking. You can see that they came off the circuit board.

The third pictures shows the chip I transferred over, without this the car wouldnt start.

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There must be some way to get the central locking working. Peugeot priced me £25 to get the key coded but correct me if Im wrong but does the £25 does mean enabling the car to start and the central locking.

I only want my central locking done.

G

·
Right i've caught up now

The small black chip is what the car reads from a coil/sensor type thing near the ignition for starting, so that bit is ok

unfortunately the new circuit board you have will be transmitting a different code to what your car already recognises, therefore you will still need to go in and have the keys programmed to the car if you want c/l working, they will ask you to take in all your current keys, any you dont take in for coding will not work after they have done this!

Hope this helps (although probably not the answer you wanted!! :))

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What are those guides about that give you guide to reprogram your key then. Like them website programyourkeys.com

Is that of no use to me....

G

·
No that wont work, that only works if the key is already programmed to your car but for some reason isnt working

Its also worth noting that is you dont have your transponder code (its on a little card, same size as a credit card) then peugeot will have to request it from hq, and that costs as well!

You can always try the guides but i highly doubt it'll work!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts