Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, this is my first time on the forum, I have the same problem as others with me stop light flashing on and off when it feels like. I have had no problems with overheating either, and no effect on the air con when the stop light plays up. So I always assumed it was a dodgy thermostat or connections. But that may not even be related to my problem....

Yesterday I pulled over for a second switched off engine - car full of kids wife dog christmas shopping then the whole thing went dead!! no lights no ignition no central locking!!!! What can this be??? I have an idea it could be a bad earth or something - dont really know where that is even - gonna go and have a look this afternoon...any ideas much appreciated.
thanks...
Merry Christmas..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re 806 'stop' light coming on...

I had this problem too, whereby the red 'stop' light starts flashing on the dash. Very worrying at first, especially when nothing appeared to warrant me stopping! It always appeared to be caused by the small red warning light on the temperature gauge starting to blink or flicker, and always resulted in the aircon going off if it happened to be on at the time- presumably because the car thought it had cooling problems.
It was easily rectified by replacing the water temperature sensor located on the thermostat housing (the brown one), which was about £13 on ebay. All fine now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts