Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all...

Didn't think it would be long till I was back here with another issue and it seems I've been proven right :(. Basically on my drive home this evening I noticed when trying to go up the motorway on-ramp and it was giving me nothing much in the way of acceleration.

Getting onto the motorway it was worse, I was barely getting a response in 5th/6th which I suppose can be expected in 'some' scenarios but I dropped it back down to 4th gear at 70mph and I was struggling to catch up with a 206 that had overtook previously.

Even going up a slight inclince on an 'A Road' near my house it struggled to get to 50mph in 4th before I had to slow down again, all this has come along today. Nothings come up at all in the way of warning lights/signs etc so I'm at something of a wits end.

After reading the below thread....

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671

The first reply seems to give some pointers as to what it maybe I think but I'm still planning on booking it in at this Pug speciallist over in Dunsfold in the morning. They handled my ABS sensor failure and FAP additive problems among other things so I trust them.

Anyone able to shed any light on this? It's a 2005 SE 136HDI with 109,200 miles on the clock.

Thanks, Tom :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
its a HDI and problem is normally emissions related because its going into limp mode and thats why it wont go over 2800rpm only way to be sure is have a diagnostic done to find fault codes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply pugbod.

I just thought 'Limp Home' mode was usually associated with the FAP filter blocking up and an Anti-Pollution error message or something like that.

I did have that warning message a couple of months back about the low additive level but after taking it to the Pug speciallists he checked and said it was literally full and didnt need any topping up so was confused as to why the error message was coming up, even says it on the invoice.

Like you say though the fault codes need to be found, shame practically everywheres closed today, including the garage I want to take it too! :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Afternoon all,

Just drove the 10 miles or so to Guildford and had the...

*'Engine Diagnostics warning light' appear on the dash

and the following appear on the sat-nav screen...

*Particulate Filter at risk of clogging
*Depollution System faulty

The last two may not be right word for word but it was something along those lines, I'm concerned about the second one as the additive level for the filter was checked at the end of June and found to be full so is it the filter itself at fault?

Or will all be revealed taking it to a garage?

Cheers

G

·
If it's done nearly 110k miles and hasn't had a new FAP (or a DIY alternative :nod: ) then it's highly likely to be due for attention or replacement.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chopper1192 said:
If it's done nearly 110k miles and hasn't had a new FAP (or a DIY alternative :nod: ) then it's highly likely to be due for attention or replacement.
Well thats the confusing part, like I said when it went in for the ABS sensor replacement I asked him to check the FAP level to which I was told it was filled so there was confusion as to why the warning light was coming on.

Who knows, because I'm beginning to wonder what the hells going on. Will keep you all updated when its booked in with them again.

G

·
The level of the ELOYS fluid may well be perfectly fine, but the FAP filter iteself may be nearly clogged with ash. There's no way of telling short of removing it and stripping it out of its casing.

The level of the fluid, and the condition/life left in the FAP itself are not necessarily inter-related. As a rough rule of thumb, by the time the fluid needs to be replenshed the filter itself will soon be requiring replacement.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chopper1192 said:
The level of the ELOYS fluid may well be perfectly fine, but the FAP filter iteself may be nearly clogged with ash. There's no way of telling short of removing it and stripping it out of its casing.

The level of the fluid, and the condition/life left in the FAP itself are not necessarily inter-related. As a rough rule of thumb, by the time the fluid needs to be replenshed the filter itself will soon be requiring replacement.
And as far as the info I've been told goes checking and if needs be replacing the filter is a hefty whack on your wallet :(.

·
Registered
239 Posts
does the FAP filter require regeneration? its has to be done with the proper diagnostic tool and if they checked the FAP filter they should have done that,

its not always the case to renew the filter.

G

·
You can force a regen cycle, but I don't know the procedure.

There's no way of checking the FAP without removing it - a couple of hours labour + VAT, only to potentially find there may be nowt wrong with it...

·
Registered
239 Posts
get the engine up to temp then take a run so its nice and hot the do 50mph for a few minuets the boot the throttle for ten seconds you should see lots of black smoke from the exhaust this shows you have activated the regeneration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.