Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone give me a clue where to start? My 54 plate 407 2ltr diesel auto
refuses to advance above 3000 revs, feels as if the fuel is being cut off. I have changed all the filters but has made no difference. The car does a max of 80 mph but I have to build the revs up slowly to get there. up to 3000 revs the car performs as it should.
Thanks in advance, Barcode47

·
Registered
30 Posts
speed

hi there
this may not be of any help to you ,but i will tell you .
i got my 407 and could not get it over 70 mph . until a mechanic at a garage told me the problem ? the previous owner had set the cruise control to this speed and unknown to me had been left on . that was the problem with me so i am just giving you something to check ?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
hi there
i got my 407 and could not get it over 70 mph . until a mechanic at a garage told me the problem ? the previous owner had set the cruise control to this speed and unknown to me had been left on . that was the problem with me so i am just giving you something to check ?
Mines set at 100mph , but his problem is that its restricted rev of 3000rpm, even with limiter set at 60mph it would still rev out.:nod:

D

·
0 Posts
I need to program a particular button on my keyboard that will type that each time! :D

J

·
0 Posts
hi there
That shouldn't make any difference as it is reset/switched to standby each time the ignition is switched of, even if the knob is rotated to still be on it won't be effective

·
Registered
552 Posts
That shouldn't make any difference as it is reset/switched to standby each time the ignition is switched of, even if the knob is rotated to still be on it won't be effective
Indeed, mine CC is always on, but is set to -- until I dial in a speed.

My benchmark for performance issues on my car was whether it would do 115 or not, lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re My 407 Diesel dies at just over 3000 Revs

I have just had a full diagnostic check done costing £70.00 it turns out that the back street garage that changed my fuel filter..didnt change it, the fuel filter was clogged and that was the sole cause of the problem. now running fine. Guess who I am going to call on very shortly.
Thanks to all for your input.
Barry:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts