Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the 307sw 2.0hdi for mot today. had changed most of the3 front end so was fairly happy it would be ok. it passed with just advice that will be worth changing the rear brake pads soon. only slight prob we had was with the emissions. first twice of flooring it computer did nothing third time bloke said keep pedal down just a fraction longer did this and got a reading. he said it was running very clean so much so that the reason the computer didnt react the first 2 times was prob because it didnt get a reading as so clean. not bad for a 120,000 miles. also last year i got an advisory saying "passenger seats not fitted at time of test" because i dont have the extra 2 rear seats fitted. my guy said that officially it should be a fail as the belts that are in there can not be tested. luckily he is a good bloke and didnt fail mine but said take the belts out. anyone else had this?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I would argue that they were an optional extra and they were not purchased with the car...you have not got them.
Yup - the tester doesn't know his manual!

"Where a belt is fitted with no corresponding seat or if there is a buckle/stalk but no corresponding belt, it is NOT to be considered a seat belt for the purpose of this inspection."

in theory it is perfectly legal to drive a car with all but drivers seat removed - to pass MOT only the drivers seatbelt would need to be assessed.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys will give him what for and tell him to read up on it when I see him next. Lol I get on with him well and he is always very fair with my mots. Main reason I do a 50 mile round trip to go there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
548 Posts
Thanks guys will give him what for and tell him to read up on it when I see him next. Lol I get on with him well and he is always very fair with my mots. Main reason I do a 50 mile round trip to go there.
[/url][/color]

Yeah, don't get me wrong I'm not saying anything against the guy, the manual is long and a bit suspect at times......... if he was in doubt he would prob have checked........ or in this case given the benefit of the doubt!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts