Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, my 307 2003 has been giving me serious headaches. Just got the car and it came with a few issues I wasn’t expecting but most worrisome is a little misfire I get when idling. We have checked coils,injectors,valves but it still won’t go away. At this point I really don’t know what to do. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine is a tu5jp4. My mechanic actually checked plugs and he felt they may be okay. I actually have my doubts but I will buy a set of plugs today in the past few days Ive noticed a decline in power. Will keep you updated. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my engine is 2.0 xs i have changed plugs from the dealer and a coil parks, without any help m, car misfiring on idle, if i restart it goes away. 1 of the technition suggested a software update. i dont know if that could help.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi Madtime,

You would do better to start your own thread for your problem. It may seem like the same symptoms but the problem could be completely different.

You will get far more explicit help from members with your own thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First mistake,I don’t have a service history. I don’t know which of the filters you are referring to but I already did an oil change and oil filter was changed.if you are referring to fuel filter,it’s on my To do list.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Car has lost a lot of power in the past few days and acceleration is slow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And she finally broke down yesterday. Serious vibration,check engine on, catalytic converter fault on and engine cuts off. At this point, all fingers pointing to a faulty coil park

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Looking under the car today, I discovered no fuel filter.
Its self cleaning inside the fuel tank & the official Peugeot / Citroen advice is to leave it alone.

IIRC this will have the Bosch ME 7.4.4 management system so any EOBD reader should be able to read the fault codes.

If you happen to get error code P1153 be very careful as this code has a very different meaning on this PSA application!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I finally got new spark and coil pack and car came back alive. Misfire at idle gone. How ever, after long drive,car becomes slow in accelerating and would some times have sharp burst of power before it slows again

·
6,000 Posts
Depends on year earlier cars with no post cat sensor can have a faulty cat and no codes

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ran a scan and an intake manifold pressure sensor came up amongs other issues that may be related to same thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts