Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd come here and let you know about what has happened to me this week.

Basically around 2 years I sold my 3 door 307 and went for a VW Bora as my wife was pregnant with our daughter at the time and a 3 door wasn't practical. My wife was learning to drive in my old 206 which was my car since before the 307 but being pregnant she didn't want to do any more learning and needing the money we sold the car. I always regretted selling it from the minute I seen it head up the road as it had gave me no problems at all in the 4 years I had owned it.

About 3 months ago my brother (who is a trainee mechanic) was in a scrapyard thought he had seen the car on top of the racks. I got my neighbour who works in a dealership to do an HPI check (being the nosy person I am lol) on the 206 and he said it had been Cat D damaged. Was disappointed to find out it had been wrote off.

My wife is now looking to go back to learning so imagine my surprise when I was browsing around on gumtree and came across my old 206. My jaw hit the desk and called the guy straightaway, he was over an hours drive away and there were some 206s closer to me but I wanted me old one back.

I went yesterday morning and took her for a drive, the only thing that was wrong with it was a dent in the bonnet. Driving perfectly and has been very well looked after since I sold it (apart from the idiots bashing the front of it lol).

Money exchanged hands and the guy is delivering it to me early next week. I don't think it was the hardest sale he ever had as there was no way I was coming home without the car.

Really pleased to have it back. Just need to find a silver bonnet so I won't have to get this one fixed.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
thats class...seems to be karma telling you, you should keep that car :lol:

is there no way to beat the dent out? possibly repaint afterwards. or is it a mega dent? :lol:

EDIT: hope you got a receipt for the money handed over as there is a lot of fraud going on nowadays :lol:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guys ok I'd reckon. Got a full receipt and he has a proper set-up with a lot of cars and own transporter.

Paint is all flaked where the dent is, could isopon and respray but local scrappy has a silver bonnet for £30, he says there is a slight dent in it but would pop out no bother so no respray needed. I'll need to go inspect it to be sure though.

Here's a few pics he had on gumtree, she's nothing special but you can see the dent in bonnet.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My priority is getting it through MOT. I reckon she'll be fine though, just need to remember to check the brake regulator (I think that's what you call it) on the rear axle. It always was stiff and I failed two MOTs on that before with it. Won't make that mistake this time.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Thought I'd come here and let you know about what has happened to me this week.

Basically around 2 years I sold my 3 door 307 and went for a VW Bora as my wife was pregnant with our daughter at the time and a 3 door wasn't practical. My wife was learning to drive in my old 206 which was my car since before the 307 but being pregnant she didn't want to do any more learning and needing the money we sold the car. I always regretted selling it from the minute I seen it head up the road as it had gave me no problems at all in the 4 years I had owned it.

About 3 months ago my brother (who is a trainee mechanic) was in a scrapyard thought he had seen the car on top of the racks. I got my neighbour who works in a dealership to do an HPI check (being the nosy person I am lol) on the 206 and he said it had been Cat D damaged. Was disappointed to find out it had been wrote off.

My wife is now looking to go back to learning so imagine my surprise when I was browsing around on gumtree and came across my old 206. My jaw hit the desk and called the guy straightaway, he was over an hours drive away and there were some 206s closer to me but I wanted me old one back.

I went yesterday morning and took her for a drive, the only thing that was wrong with it was a dent in the bonnet. Driving perfectly and has been very well looked after since I sold it (apart from the idiots bashing the front of it lol).

Money exchanged hands and the guy is delivering it to me early next week. I don't think it was the hardest sale he ever had as there was no way I was coming home without the car.

Really pleased to have it back. Just need to find a silver bonnet so I won't have to get this one fixed.
Yeah I had a girlfriend like that once! :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Failed MOT today. Ball joint on passenger side wishbone. Typical as that's the one thing I didn't check. Replaced drivers side rear bush on (hope I've spelt that right) and check passenger side, it look ok but didn't bother checking ball joint on passenger side.

Get it replaced on Monday now as the retest is for Thursday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts