Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now then!

Why not show how my car has progressed since I bought it?

Here she is on the drive:

I then de-badged it, and put a transformers badge on (ordered the ones for the wheel centre caps) - but then recently got a bit panicky and thought it was a tad too pathetic and so took it back off. Besides, it would have been too much hassle trying to smooth off the alloy centre caps to put the badges on, and the same for the steering wheel (plus resale would have been crap since I would have no way to revert to standard). So the Autobots sign didn't last long!! I will upload a photo of the debadged back if you really think it's necessary, although I am sure each person here can imagine it in their mind's eye!!

Oh yeah... I removed the remaining sticky stuff off the back with meths, is that generally a bad idea? It worked and I washed it off after like!

Anyway... I did this LED conversion

I need to get the stuff off the needles as there isn't enough light getting through..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, my Pioneer AVH-2400BT head unit arrived today. Apparently in the flimsy double din fascia kits there are no instructions (with all the stupid pieces of metal etc. there were no guidelines for how to fit it). It has to be the most ridiculous method of adapting to suit double din too!

Anyway, look above for the "before" pic - with the CD30 in. Then look at this:

You may notice the Aux cable popping out the ashtray-area - not the neatest (yet) but it'll do for now.

And in the dark:

I've not given it enough chance, but at the moment I'm not too keen. I am so glad I didn't opt for the Sat-Nav version, cos I'd hate to look down there all the time for Sat-Nav. Safe to say I won't be watching any DVD's while driving...

I'm still narked off with the fascia kit, what a farce that was - I am not in the mood to enjoy the gadgety goodness :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My plans from now onward are to get the chrome strips front & back colour coded to the car (or do you reckon vinyl wrap would be cool? And cheap :p)

As well as:

- Front Speakers
- Sub
- Amp
- Different grille (irmscher maybe)
- Temp gauge & maybe a turbo pressure gauge

Anything else I should do?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Put some peugeot badges on it;) confuse the hell out of people:thumb:

P.s I'd also get rid of the Heinz ketchup;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
been looking at the same stereo myself....dose it come with the fixing kit or do you have to get it seperatly if so where im looking for a 307 fitting kit but cant find one any ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It comes with it's own double din cage, but that is too big for the opening in my Astra. It's separate, you find a double din fascia kit to suit the 307. If you want I can measure the cage that came with the stereo and you can measure up the 307 opening. I recall the 307 having a very nice and easy method of chopping the plastic strip between the two single din units and then just fitting a double din straight in.

The fascia kit was a nightmare, I think I have to open it all back up again, dreading it!!!

Edit: it's 182mm wide x 112mm high. The 307 has loads of excess plastic so it'd be easy to do with a file of some sort if it's too small :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks like such a nice car that. I've always wanted one but just can't afford it (yet!).

Like the mods that can be done to them too. I went to a TRAX festival at Silverstone last summer, and that had an Astra VXR owners club there, but also had some 1.9 sri's and the like, and they are very good looking cars. I think I prefer the SRI to the VXR (lower insurance, cheaper initially plus, they don't look comical).

Definitely more of a fan of the pots - you can't dip into a sachet lol :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just had a quick measure looks like my opening is going to be too big 190mm x 120mm is there a case for it to fit this as i dont want a gap all around it :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like such a nice car that. I've always wanted one but just can't afford it (yet!).

Like the mods that can be done to them too. I went to a TRAX festival at Silverstone last summer, and that had an Astra VXR owners club there, but also had some 1.9 sri's and the like, and they are very good looking cars. I think I prefer the SRI to the VXR (lower insurance, cheaper initially plus, they don't look comical).

Definitely more of a fan of the pots - you can't dip into a sachet lol :lol:
Aye, pots are better like :)

Aye the mods are canny, but it's the same with all cars really. I deffo prefer diesel so the 1.9 CDTi was the way forward for me! Especially with 150bhp - ample for me like!

just had a quick measure looks like my opening is going to be too big 190mm x 120mm is there a case for it to fit this as i dont want a gap all around it :confused:
The double din fascia kit for the 307 is what you need then! Here!

If you get it, ask for instructions at the checkout, those stupid side plates did my head in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice one cheers for that...do you have to get a new connection wires or dose the stereo come with the right connectors?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You'll need a harness that'll connect the 307 plug to the plug coming from the stereo. If you want the steering controls you'll need another bit. I had to pretty much force my stereo in, if those clips go the head unit is going to fly into me back seat!!! :eek:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Howay John, Maccy D's do ketchup in pots, KFC do it in sachets! :thumb:
ahhh...there has been a few times ive gone to mc d's and got ketchup in a sachet... other times ive been to kfc at darlington retail park (i used to work in the curry's there) and they dont have anything...my mate got told to fluck off by the small, black hair bird there...best described as having massive tits! i started chatting her up as she likes the forces lot :lol: my mate tried to butt in and she said to him "how about fluck off" i couldnt stop laughing :cool:

·
5,106 Posts
Needs a wash Jazz twas filthy today when i was behind you at the college :eek::eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.