Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
It looks great, how are you finding the 1.2 engine?

I am also coming from a 1.4 petrol Leon FR to the 1.2 manual GT Line. I know it will not be anywhere as fast but hope it will still be enough along with being far more refined!

Enjoy your new car, I have been told mine is now in the country so should be about 10-14 days I hope.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi burnm - i had the 1.4 tsi act engine in the leon and whilst it had mid-range punch i found it not too forgiving in my daily commute in traffic - the 3008 whilst being 20 bhp down on the leon is much more drivable and though ive only had it a few days seems more spritely with better response in lower revs - i pretty sure you will thoroughly enjoy it when you get mate

· Registered
276 Posts
How did you order the roofrails? They're not on the configurator.
I ordered mine at the dealership and nearly didn't get them, it was only when I mentioned a roof box that the sales person asked if we wanted roof bars. Still think it's a con that you have to pay £100 for something so basic as roof rails :mad:

PS. They are included on GT models only.

· Registered
111 Posts
I ordered mine at the dealership and nearly didn't get them, it was only when I mentioned a roof box that the sales person asked if we wanted roof bars. Still think it's a con that you have to pay £100 for something so basic as roof rails :mad:

I thought it will be included on my...but wasn't...Dont know if it could be mounted afterwards. :confused:

· Registered
765 Posts

They are a fairly solid lump of metal so £100 isn't that bad surely considering you can pay £200 for a cargo net lol.

It's not as if you need them anyways, like most cars I assume you can mount a roof rack system without the styling rails.

· Registered
276 Posts
They are a fairly solid lump of metal so £100 isn't that bad surely considering you can pay £200 for a cargo net lol.

It's not as if you need them anyways, like most cars I assume you can mount a roof rack system without the styling rails.
I'm not saying they aren't worth the money but they are quite basic items that are generally expected to be included as standard it's just that Peugeot have chosen to charge for such an item on all models except the top of the range.

Yes you can probably fit some sort of ugly clamp on roof rack but who would want to do that :confused:

· Registered
314 Posts
Looks fab- I went for the roof rails, but apart from that it's exactly same as mine. Another month to wait for me though. Enjoy your new motor!
How did you order the roofrails? They're not on the configurator.
They were on the configurator back in Feb when I ordered...I also noticed that they had been removed for some reason but don't know why. Don't think I'll use them to mount anything but the option is there if I need to...I got them cos I think they'll look cool next to the black roof :)

· Registered
544 Posts
I'm not saying they aren't worth the money but they are quite basic items that are generally expected to be included as standard it's just that Peugeot have chosen to charge for such an item on all models except the top of the range.

Yes you can probably fit some sort of ugly clamp on roof rack but who would want to do that :confused:
I agree that they look good, ribs but I think that most manufacturers fit them as standard on the top spec cars with an additional cost for people who want them on the mid and lower ranges. We've had them on my husband's cars in the past but hardly ever used them but they do seem to add to the overall look of the car, especially on a SUV

· Registered
276 Posts
I agree that they look good, ribs but I think that most manufacturers fit them as standard on the top spec cars with an additional cost for people who want them on the mid and lower ranges. We've had them on my husband's cars in the past but hardly ever used them but they do seem to add to the overall look of the car, especially on a SUV
My previous 508 Allure was not top of the range and yet it had rails already fitted. I did buy it S/H so maybe it was a paid for option.

307 SW SE -> Fitted Rails
4007 GT -> Fitted Rails
508SW Allure -> Flush Rails

· Registered
544 Posts
since everyone here is concerned by my lack of roof rails i thought i'd add that
i chose not to have them as i consider the look of the car abit more "smoother" than with them and less "chelsea tractor" !
Believe me Kev, I've also gone for the Allure with no roof rails as I don't feel I need them and I'm sure my life will not be any different with or without roof rails. I agree that they look nice but I definitely wouldn't consider spending £100 on something I personally don't want. You just enjoy your car as I intended doing on Tuesday :nod: (yippee -sorry!)

· Registered
544 Posts
thank you Bassetlady - i have to say im loving the new car and i'm sure you will too ! bet tuesday cannit come quick enough ! make sure you post some pictures !!
Thanks Kev. I'm counting the sleeps until I get it and the word "excited" doesn't describe how I feel. I've posted 3 pics on the sticky thread (I think!) but I will be boring you all with more when I get it.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Before I decided on the 3008, I was considering a Ford Kuga Titanium and whilst configuring the car, the salesman said 'of course you'll want the roof rails as it makes the car look the part'. I hadn't even considered that as an option but it also included rear privacy glass for the additional sum of £425.00!

I think the Kuga does look better with roof rails so I would probably have gone with the option but for me, the 3008 looks fine without! Having said that, my (in transit) GT has roof rails as standard and I shall be using them with roof bars to carry my Thule roof box when I need additional storage space.

· Registered
620 Posts
since everyone here is concerned by my lack of roof rails i thought i'd add that
i chose not to have them as i consider the look of the car abit more "smoother" than with them and less "chelsea tractor" !
The main reason I got these were because we ended up 'expanding' to a roofrack on the focus, however the roof box was about 300 litres IIRC, so the 3008's boot is at least that over the Mk2 focus.. so in theory it's not required.. but never say never :D

Just to complete this - the £120 (inc vat) gets you the two long bars, you still need to fork out for the "Roof bars" on top.. the aerodynamic Thule wing roof bars + end parts come to £194 inc vat..

For that you'll get only 70Kg or so of load capability but that makes it easy to put the underlays, tent, extension canopy, carpet, chairs, table etc into a roof box... :D for those days when it's raining.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.