Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I bought this car about 3 months ago, I have been getting a sort of musty smell inside the cabin. the inside roof lining is a bit pitted and looks mouldy too. thx. tom.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Since I bought this car about 3 months ago, I have been getting a sort of musty smell inside the cabin. the inside roof lining is a bit pitted and looks mouldy too. thx. tom.
Are you asking a question or are you just letting us know your car stinks :D

If you are asking does it have Aircon? if so maybe due a regas. Or have a look under the carpets for water.

D

·
0 Posts
Musty smells are from wetness obviously or blocked pollen filters or bacteria in the system. Actually bacteria create the smell. Get the whole system cleaned with a special a/c heater system cleaner.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

P

·
0 Posts
Smell in mine was down to wet carpet. In end took the lot off, replaced the insulation under it, cleaned and dried carpet and sorted it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If the AC working efficiently the moisture from the evaporator will continually clean the bacteria away. (the water under your car when you stop) If its low on charge it doesn't get enough water over it and bacteria grows.
If its working properly no need for a AC bomb etc. The smell is a good sign its due a recharge.
But as David said check the pollen filter and change it when you change the oil filters etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. just had a closer look at roof liner, and I think its the pattern and not mold. ac working ok. thx again. Tom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts