Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hi
i have a y reg 307, i bought it a few days ago. the airbag fault and the abs fault where on but the bloke told me they simply needed turning off. since then i have noticed that on slowing at light/ roundavbouts etc the revs sometime drop to 300/400 and it cuts out.

i have also notice a gargling sound coming from what sounds liek the exhaust.

can anyone help

oh and the dash lights turn on after being parked for 5 or so mins and stay on then until the car is unlocked
could all the electric probs be something to do with the new radio the bloke installed??

J

·
0 Posts
Air bag faults/lights don't need just switching off - there is something wrong there somewhere.
The ABS fault/light is likely to be a faulty wheel sensor.

Your best bet is to post your location, and try to get someone with Planet to do a diag for you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the abs could just need a clean on the sensor on the back wheels.rust build up.
the Air bags could be the wires under the front seats. or a conection on the comm.

the cutting out is a very common thing with the 307and yet know one really knows what it is. iv had it for 6 months and been to many garages still not a clue. and i refuse to pay money on the issue unless i know the actual thing thats coursing this fault. as iv read over and over people spending loads of money and still not fixing it. wont even come up on PP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi again,
yes i can get the car down to liverpool, starting to think the airbag could be the comms cos ive noticed the horn doesnt work either and the indicator is over sensitive to say the least.

is the dash lights coming on on there own a normal thing with 307s??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts