Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 307 Rapier which over the last few months has developed a number of problems/faults.

Most problems I have found answers to on these forums so thanks to those who have contributed to threads about ABS faults, catalytic convertor faults and a silent horn. Hopefully I should be able to sort these issues without too much trouble now.

Now the one problem I haven't seemed to find an answer to here, is a noise that I am finding hard to explain. Its a kind of squeaky metallic beeping. I can only describe it as being like a 1980's computer processor, or a telegraph/morse code machine.
Its usually there in the background, and seems to be coming from the dash area. Sometimes its difficult to hear as its so quiet, but gets louder at times.

The most annoying thing however is that it interferes with some radio stations, especially MW. The noise comes through the speakers although I can still hear it when I turn the system off. Its one of those sounds like scraping nails down a blackboard, and is really starting to drive me crazy!

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
The power steering pump makes an annoying squeaky electrical noise, see if it changes pitch when you move the steering wheel. Mine was low on fluid and the noise eased somewhat when I emptied, refilled and bled the system. Use Total fluide only.

If its coming through speakers it is probably a grounding issue or speaker wires picking up emi

·
11,722 Posts
It could be in your head. Try a tin foil hat. :)

Or you could be really boring and check and clean all earth points in the engine bay.

And overfill your power steering fluid reservoir. There's a known issue that requires it to be filled, according to Autodata.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts