Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have just bought a 2nd hand Peugeot 307 XS - 2001 model. I have several questions.

Multifunction Display - The display the vehicle came with had horizontal blank lines through it. I bought a replacement off ebay and it works well except the trip computer will not show up on it. (It did on the original display). Is there a fix for this or for the horizontal lines on the original display? E.g. Can I reprogram it myself to fit this car without planet?

Reprogramming Key - I have read that a second hand key bought from a wrecker can be reprogrammed by using the following procedure. Does this actually work?

1. Turn the Ignition switch to the ON position using the first key.
2. Press the LOCK button for 10 seconds.
3. Remove the key and wait for 10 seconds.
4. Check the Plip key operation.
5. Repeat for second Plip key if required.
6. Turn the ignition OFF

Peugeot Planet - I have seen clones of planet for sale from China. Are these easy to use and reliable? Can you cause much damage to the car if you make a mistake?

Are there any useful procedures/codes for reprogramming parts, e.g. key reprogramming/radio coding, that work without Peugeot Planet?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum :thumb:

multifunction display - you could frankenstein your new screen onto your old display board (will need to be confident with componants...or it might need reactivating with planet etc. sounds like the old LCD screen baked and died on a few horizontal lines.

keys - from what i understand, no. you need to get the right pattern on the blade, you also need to get the transponder code for your car (bettyswollocks does this for free, which is very very good of him to do so), you then need to get the key programmed and paired with the car. for this you need planet also.

planet - i have one of these clones from china, and so far so good, and they offer a type of warrenty saying you have to try within 14 days and if it doesnt work send it back and they will send a new one. these can mess up your car if you make a mistake, but aslong as you remember the previous details your good to go, but to be honest it asks to confirm like twice so you need to be very special to mess that up. :lol:

you can use planet for everything the dealers can do, such as program radios, keys, new componants etc and not be out of pocket nearly £90 or equivelant.

hope this helps

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

The local dealer is asking $500aud to make and code a new key.

I think I'll just get the planet clone and reprogram keys, display and possibly cruise control myself. Much cheaper by the sounds of it.

Cheers

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Brodie - Australia said:
Thanks for the info.

The local dealer is asking $500aud to make and code a new key.

I think I'll just get the planet clone and reprogram keys, display and possibly cruise control myself. Much cheaper by the sounds of it.

Cheers
Give me your vin and i`ll get you the Mechanical code you need to bring to a locksmith to cut the key (or check ebay theres someone on there that can do it from a photo) i`ll also get you the transponder code that lets you program the key to your car with the help of planet.

ps the chinese clone will allow you to do this as i have already proved.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bettyswollocks said:
Give me your vin and i`ll get you the Mechanical code you need to bring to a locksmith to cut the key (or check ebay theres someone on there that can do it from a photo) i`ll also get you the transponder code that lets you program the key to your car with the help of planet.

ps the chinese clone will allow you to do this as i have already proved.

Thanks for that,

Is the code the four letters on the peugeot card that came with the vehicle?

If not, is there a private way to send you the vin?

Cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers, I've emailed the vin through. I've also ordered planet last night so hopefully I'll be programming keys etc within a couple of weeks!

It cost $230 delivered but still heaps cheaper than going through the dealer plus I should be able to do other stuff like re-enable the trip computer and possibly install cruise control so it should be worth it.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Brodie - Australia said:
Cheers, I've emailed the vin through. I've also ordered planet last night so hopefully I'll be programming keys etc within a couple of weeks!

It cost $230 delivered but still heaps cheaper than going through the dealer plus I should be able to do other stuff like re-enable the trip computer and possibly install cruise control so it should be worth it.
Got your email check back tomorrow night , 12pm now here.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts