Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently acquired a 307 03 estate, and noticed that the radio isn't working although there is power going to the unit as I can hear the CD whirring when I press the eject button. Also, the MFD isn't working and when I checked the unit I found that the multi pin has been removed leaving just the wires. Am I correct in assuming that this could be why the radio wont operate.
Can these plugs complete with wiring be purchased or am I best going to a scrap car site?
Thanks for any help
Phil.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It may be why the radio isn't working and you'd probably be best getting a replacement from a scrappie.

What you have to ask yourself is why would someone cut the plug off? I have seen threads before where previous owners have sabotaged the MFD in order to hide a cars faults.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roky, I didn't realise that the display would show the faults. So the question is, Do I replace or leave well alone. I have plugged a fault code reader into the diagnostics port which returned a zero fault reading. Would that indicate that all is well. Just an after thought, would I be best to put in another radio/cd player?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'd say you'd be better off replacing the multi plug and getting the MFD working.

Radios are coded to the car using Peugeot Planet.

I'd fix MFD first then see if radio works.

·
Registered
596 Posts
hanks Roky, I didn't realise that the display would show the faults. So the question is, Do I replace or leave well alone. I have plugged a fault code reader into the diagnostics port which returned a zero fault reading. Would that indicate that all is well. Just an after thought, would I be best to put in another radio/cd player?
That's why you don't use generic fault readers with PSAs. The absence of a MFD would cause a fault, it's one of the ECUs tested.

·
Registered
453 Posts
If going to the scrappy take your MFD with you as there are several different multi plugs fitted to all Peugeot's, it may look the same so try the fit first before parting with you hard earned cash :thumb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everyone for your help and advice. Going to scrappies tomorrow will let you know of the outcome.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MFD now working

Big thanks to Roky for his advice. I've been to scrappies for a multi pin plug for the mfd. Fitted and connected and mfd working fine. As Roky suggested that it may have been removed to hide faults. This was the case as it is showing an ABS fault, so what do you think I should do. Could it be a sensor fault or is it worth getting the brakes checked. The brakes are working ok. I haven't driven the car since repairing the mfd so there is a possibility that more faults may be displayed. Fingers crossed that it doesn't.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Only way to be sure is to get it plugged in as it could be any one of 4 sensors or pump or anything else ABS related.

Also, faults often display on the speedo cluster as well as MFD. Another dodgy mod previous owners make is to remove the instrument cluster and remove the bulb of the ofending item, in this case ABS or they put black tape across it so you cant see it illuminated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts