Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MFD in my 307 keeps going dark. I can hit it and it will come back on for a while. I figure I need to replace it but when I look for parts there are so many different part numbers. Do I need to make sure I get a matching part number or are they pretty interchangeable? What about the newer, yellow background ones? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd try cleaning the contacts in the plug before replacing it...

If it's usually working and a bit of percussive maintenance brings it back to life when it turns itself off, that smacks of a dicky contact not a faulty unit.

Of course, if you're using the 'fault' as an excuse to replace it with something newer, that's a different matter ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be the bulbs and hitting it makes the two halves of broken filament touch which welds them back together for a short while. May just need new bulbs.
I've taken it apart and didn't see any bulbs. Also, would be strange if all the bulbs were doing this at the same time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you're looking at replacing it; I can vouch for the Units from China. Got one today which I ordered last Friday for $50US! Works perfectly - no more orange filter either, LCD is already the Peugeot colour. Clipped in, took all of 2 mins. Very happy (if you want sellers info - http://stores.ebay.com/partnershop2015/)

·
Registered
350 Posts
The bulbs are in the back of it. They poke through and twist in to place. I swapped mine out for blue ones. There should be 3 side by side. These bulbs are the only thing that light up the display so you either have bad contacts or a faulty mfd. You could try another mfd if you know someone with a 307. Or wiggle the connector and bulbs and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts