Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Hoping you can help me out...
Ive bought a 308 GT on a 08 plate, but, the display is fitted to various Pugs. Very happy with the car, but, and of course there has to be a BUT!
I had the interior valeted and after that the multi function display flickered and eventually died. Ive had it checked and the display is faulty not the input.
My problem is my local Peugeot dealer (rip off artist) is quoting £450 to replace it (£250 for part, £200 for "calibration).
My reaction was of course that is why we have Ebay, but, the dealer warned me if I bought a new or second hand part it would not work as only a Peugeot dealer can calibrate the display to the car. No calibration, no working display.
So the question is do I have to use the dealer or is there a work around?
I hope nobody else has had this hassle, but, if they have I would appreciate some guidance.
RD4 radio, the display part no is 9678341680 (colour with diagnostic screen).
Thanks in anticipation.
Neil

·
Registered
96 Posts
There is a work around with out going to Peugeot.
Get a new or second hand working unit off eBay or anywhere else,then contact a member on here who has PP2000 (diagnostic equipment for Peugeot) and ask them to set it up for you.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If you buy a second hand unit from a vehicle with the same spec/equipment as yours, it will work without having to be reset. A new one needs to be set using PP2000/Diagbox but is easy to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

Thank you all for your replies. I have taken your advice. Bought a new unit from Ebay and provided my VIN No. for calibration. Now fitted and working. Cost £109 so saved £300 by not using a main dealer.
Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts