Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I purchased the car a few months ago it was working. I have hardly used it and now only one of the extra 5 CD players work. The one that does seems to be making a bit more noise than it should (and that is not due to my taste in music either).
So I will be on the hunt for a second hand unit. I found this thread which seems to suggest that changing the multi play unit will not require recoding. This information is a few years old so is there any update (negative or positive) on this?
The head unit is a Blaupunkt if I am offered a multi play unit from another manufacture will that work with this head too?
In anticipation thanks for your help.

PS I have tried cleaning the heads, CD and tried both copies and original CDs to see if I could cure the problems.

J

·
0 Posts
Or cheaper still, just an AUX in and use any MP3/phone/ipod with a 3.5mm jack on to play through the car.... thats how I've got mine, £16 and bobs your uncle!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both of your tips guys. :thumb:
If I used the aux adapter lead I do not think I could use the remote other than mute and volume. Is that correct?
When looking at the card readers for sale they all say check that there is that blue connector, but I have not seen if there is another type of connection to the head unit.
I suppose I will have to purchase some radio removal key too. But they are peanuts.

·
Registered
402 Posts
If your car has the original radio, it got the connector for the blue plug, and it's not only Blaupunkt/VDO but also Clarion. If you get the USB box, you will be able to control it with your remote stalk.

Holt

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information Holt. I have already read that you can use the car reader like a CD changer.
That is what is persuading me...however at that price maybe I could find a head unit that will take a USB and/or card. But do I really want to do all of that work is a question I need to answer myself!

PS I have to say that I find that Ebay is the cheapest I can find those card readers or the aux adapter lead. Local suppliers are asking very high prices, even my second "home", which is also in in Euroland, are asking high prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts