Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there fitted a set of mudflaps to the 3008 , is it easy to do ? Any drilling need to be done , or is it a case of getting the dealer to do it .

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mud flap fitting

Hi
I fitted both front and rear at the weekend. Genuine Peugeot ones. Quite easy to fit, yes you have to drill holes for the pop rivets provided. ( So you need a rivet gun. )
I ended up removing the wheels as difficult to drill otherwise, plus the also line up with existing screws on the underbody.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
158 Posts
Some drilling of plastic is required and as stated above you need a rivet gun. And you need something to raise the car! I didn't realize that I didn't have anything and that the car doesn't come with one so I had to buy a jack. So fitting the €35 mudflaps turned into buying a €250 Facom jack and €35 mudflaps. :D

Installation is simple as long as you're not totally inept with these kind of things. I did enlarge one small gap in the other mudflap with an x-acto knife to make it fit better. Take your time and make sure they fit before you drill. For whatever reasons the installation instruction also suggests that you need to only drill and fasten them in 3 places, but they do supply 4 rivets per side and there are 4 holes on the mudflaps themselves. I did fasten them with all 4 rivets.

EDIT: I did install only the front mud flaps. I did not think the rear ones are that important, but YMMV. The front ones I consider essential if you drive on any gravel roads.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Some drilling of plastic is required and as stated above you need a rivet gun. And you need something to raise the car! I didn't realize that I didn't have anything and that the car doesn't come with one so I had to buy a jack. So fitting the €35 mudflaps turned into buying a €250 Facom jack and €35 mudflaps. :D

Installation is simple as long as you're not totally inept with these kind of things. I did enlarge one small gap in the other mudflap with an x-acto knife to make it fit better. Take your time and make sure they fit before you drill. For whatever reasons the installation instruction also suggests that you need to only drill and fasten them in 3 places, but they do supply 4 rivets per side and there are 4 holes on the mudflaps themselves. I did fasten them with all 4 rivets.

EDIT: I did install only the front mud flaps. I did not think the rear ones are that important, but YMMV. The front ones I consider essential if you drive on any gravel roads.
I have all four mudflaps:)

The rears you will need to remove the wheel. The fronts can be done without removing the wheel but not recommended (from experience).

My rational for not securing the fourth at the rear is that if you run over something then the flap will bend easier and not rip the panel the fourth rivet is secured into.

The net effect is after many miles with a white car, I get little road much on the side of the car.. however the aerodynamics mean the road much gets sucked up by the low pressure at the back of the car onto the tailgate, spoiler underside and back window. Those end up being the dirtiest spot on the car.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle White

·
Registered
112 Posts
Fitting price

I don’t think that’s too bad tbh the price of the mudflaps front nd rear is over £80 for the Peugeot ones so they are only charging £40 labour which for a garage is reasonable.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have all four mudflaps:)

The rears you will need to remove the wheel. The fronts can be done without removing the wheel but not recommended (from experience).

My rational for not securing the fourth at the rear is that if you run over something then the flap will bend easier and not rip the panel the fourth rivet is secured into.

The net effect is after many miles with a white car, I get little road much on the side of the car.. however the aerodynamics mean the road much gets sucked up by the low pressure at the back of the car onto the tailgate, spoiler underside and back window. Those end up being the dirtiest spot on the car.

View attachment 66098
Tidy job.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Seen two dealers here today in NI , priced both for front and rear fitting and supplying ...£126.00 the lot ...PS ...Dick Turpin wore a mask !!
Bloody hell! Luckily, my dealer threw in a set for free, and fitted them for free too, after me asking how much they were...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Very good of you and I would like to add this to the topic ‘Quick Links’. However, as this has not come directly from the originator web site I can’t put the link up.

Do you have the original hosting web site?

Sorry Beards, This is directly I downloaded from peugeot service box and cannot have a direct link to it and that’s why I uploaded to external host, which might help to other. I have seen lot of members asked on fitting the mudflaps. I did not see anywhere the process illustrated clearly like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sorry Beards, This is directly I downloaded from peugeot service box and cannot have a direct link to it and that’s why I uploaded to external host, which might help to other. I have seen lot of members asked on fitting the mudflaps. I did not see anywhere the process illustrated clearly like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem Jagath and thanks again in getting this info for everyone. :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Seen two dealers here today in NI , priced both for front and rear fitting and supplying ...£126.00 the lot ...PS ...Dick Turpin wore a mask !!
robins and day 288.64 to supply and fit or 74.98 for just mudflaps:eek:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not in Derbyshire he doesn’t! Here he usually wears a suit & tie and is known to frequent dealerships! :nod::lol::lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi lovemycar

Can I ask you the dealers that were quoting this price please? Looking to get some fitted myself.

Tks

C

1 - 19 of 19 Posts