Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

thanks, I saw that thread and thought they look quite good but unless I am wrong that was mainly about the official Peugeot parts.

I was trying to find out if anyone had bought the Chinese versions. A set including the front and rear for £25 Is quite a saving over the Peugeot ones.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I posted on another thread somewhere regarding the “cheap” mud flaps from China.

I purchased a set via eBay for my GT Line, fitted them myself without having to take the wheels off with the help of a 90 degree screwdriver, the front pair are easy to fit, just turn the wheel to give you space to screw the provided screws in the pre drilled holes inside the wheel arch, the rear flaps need the 90 degree driver or just take the wheel off! Again, pre drilled holes make the job easy.

Be warned though, the mud flaps I got on eBay will only fit the GT line or the GT models due to having a different body/bumper than the Allure, make sure they will fit!

£25 and came within 10 days of ordering, compared to the official Peugeot set they are a bargain!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Was wondering about the eBay ones?

However, did the OEM ones go on without removing wheels?

·
Registered
52 Posts
So you didn't need to drill anything?
No drilling was required, the mud flaps came with 3 self-tapping screws per flap, screw them in the mud flap in the pre drilled holes, position the flap in the correct place and the screws align perfectly to the small holes in the plastic in the wheel arch (I assume the same holes the official Peugeot flaps fit on to)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mudflaps

Hi

I am collecting my 1st Peugeot next Friday, 3008 GT Line. Have always had mudflaps fitted to my cars, should be regarded as a factory fit, rather than an extra, but that's another story.
Dealer quoted £250 to fit, which I quickly said no, not at that price. This was after the dealer said they would do any similar requirements at cost price, I don't think the mudflaps were quoted at cost price.

Interesting to read this thread and the availability of mudflaps from various sources. Am quite happy to fit my own, is the drilling required just in the plastic wheel arches or metalwork? Have downloaded Peugeot's instructions.

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hi

I am collecting my 1st Peugeot next Friday, 3008 GT Line. Have always had mudflaps fitted to my cars, should be regarded as a factory fit, rather than an extra, but that's another story.
Dealer quoted £250 to fit, which I quickly said no, not at that price. This was after the dealer said they would do any similar requirements at cost price, I don't think the mudflaps were quoted at cost price.

Interesting to read this thread and the availability of mudflaps from various sources. Am quite happy to fit my own, is the drilling required just in the plastic wheel arches or metalwork? Have downloaded Peugeot's instructions.

Thanks

Rob
Rob,
If you have a level head for DIY and have a sound knowledge of common sense, you are good to go. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,

From the look of it the ones on eBay are for the wider wheel arch. This may be a stupid question but how much difference is there between the standard mud flap and the gt mud flaps ?

Graeme

1 - 15 of 15 Posts