Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just asked 2 Peugeot main dealers for a price for Mud Flaps and have been quoted £36 for front and £37 rear. I was not to concerned at that price, however to fit on top of that one quoted £99 plus vat per hour and they say they need 2 hours! The other did say they would do it for the £99 as they thought it rather steep.
Does anyone know if they are easy to fit or can I do them myself? Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
It is an easy job on most cars so i would do it myself if I wanted them. However I would question why you need them. These cars have plastic lower level trims that clean easily so whats the point of mud flaps unless you drive across muddy fields every day. Mud flaps even cause a loss in fuel economy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I certainly will not be getting them to fit them at that price and will have a think. Yes may be I will just not bother. Thanks again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It is an easy job on most cars so i would do it myself if I wanted them. However I would question why you need them. These cars have plastic lower level trims that clean easily so whats the point of mud flaps unless you drive across muddy fields every day. Mud flaps even cause a loss in fuel economy
I've got them for £52 (front & rear) from my dealer, just waiting for the GT line mudflaps to be in stock! As for having them at all, it not only reduces mud/dirt splashing up the sides of the car and rear bumpers but also stones thus reducing any damage to your vehicle. Also £99 per hour labour charge??? They must think us customers are idiots! My understanding is the holes are already pre-marked and just a simple drill job and all you need to do is take off one wheel at a time, job done!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have just asked 2 Peugeot main dealers for a price for Mud Flaps and have been quoted £36 for front and £37 rear. I was not to concerned at that price, however to fit on top of that one quoted £99 plus vat per hour and they say they need 2 hours! The other did say they would do it for the £99 as they thought it rather steep.
Does anyone know if they are easy to fit or can I do them myself? Thanks
£120.26 paid from our main dealer.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Fitted my rears today. Both sets are Peugeot original.

I left these in the conservatory and found one had very slightly warped (see top) but not too bad.
Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Car Wheel

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle White

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.