Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2ltr Blue HDI gt-line SW last week, just over a year old. I love everything about it and much prefer it to my Audi A5 Coupe 3 ltr TDI in just about every respect apart from the obvious power. Trouble is, I keep reading I should be getting around 78 mpg and although I never believe mileage claims, the best I have had is 47mpg on a long run. My Audi gave me 45 on the same run. Is this about right ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have he the model and you've got more chance of seeing god than getting over 70 mpg. I don't do any short trips and I've never got over 50 mpg. I don't hang about either, my 2.0 508 Auto was actually better on fuel.
To be honest I don't pay much attention to fuel figures I fill it up when it needs it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi New2me. I have a 2014 308 1.6 diesel here in the Netherlands. Driving 80% on motorway on cruise control around 70 mph or just under. 20% on country roads and never in the city. I'm seeing 24.5 km per litre or 69 mpg. . . . just drive with a light right foot. And don't drive up any hills :lol:

·
Registered
978 Posts
The official figures for our 308 are (urban, extra urban, combined) 61.4, 80.7, 72.4 so I hoped that we would get in the high sixties. In practice we get less than that. When I'm driving I get high fifties - low sixties depending on the journey. My wife doesn't drive as smoothly as I do as manages about 5mpg less. I was quite disappointed to start off with but the fact is the engine is more efficient than her previous car by about 10mpg so we're reasonably happy.

The official figures for the 2.0l blue HDi are 61.4, 80.7, 72.4 or 56.5, 76.3, 67.3 depending on whether it has the 6 speed manual or EAT6 automatic transmission. I guess I would probably get 50 - 55 for the manual and maybe about 5mpg less for the auto.

If you're only getting 47mpg at best there's something wrong unless you're driving everywhere flat out. Perhaps some information about your driving style might help! :)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Somewhere on the Peugeot website is a realistic fuel consumption calculator. It does ask about your driving style.

Can't remember
the link for it, but will have a look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Driving style

I have been driving very carefully and trying hard to reach the 50 mpg figure but it’s not happening. Yes, mine is the eat6 so expected a little less. I’m okay with the consumption although was expecting better. I was just trying to find out if maybe something was amiss or if it is normal.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Veeeery interesting. Their real world consumption estimate for our 308 is 58.9mpg.

I couldn't find a 2l version of the GT Line but if I put just GT in instead then the real world consumption is 46.3 - which accords with your experience. Interestingly this option ups the engine power to 180bhp. Is your car possibly a GT with the more powerful engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Veeeery interesting. Their real world consumption estimate for our 308 is 58.9mpg.

I couldn't find a 2l version of the GT Line but if I put just GT in instead then the real world consumption is 46.3 - which accords with your experience. Interestingly this option ups the engine power to 180bhp. Is your car possibly a GT with the more powerful engine?
No, it is the standard 150bhp

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have a 2ltr 150 GT Line auto but mine is the hatchback. I don't drive mad but don't hang about either and my journeys consist mainly motorway (70%) the rest A/B roads and average between 55-60mpg. Never expected to get near manufacturer figures but don't think it's too bad. Also running on shell v power but I don't have to pay for the fuel!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2016 Gtline SW 150 and I am getting about 49mpg out going to work which is a long fast A road and a bit of dual carriageway. My 1.6 allure hatch used to do 56Mpg along the same route. I am a bit pissed off with the fuel consumption because I feel it should do a lot more than it does for what it is, for comparison my Wifes Audi A3 Quattro which is a heavier car does 55mpg on the same route which is not far off what the 1.6 was getting.

·
Registered
91 Posts
2015 308SW GT 180. I’m getting 43mpg in the cold winter weather but with the same driving style in the warmer summer weather can get up to 52mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
2015 GT Auto Hatch - 50k miles on odometer.

Looking at my Peugeot app on my phone. Since I installed the app its registered 13775 miles (627 journeys) I am getting 42.9 MPG always on V Power.

·
Registered
179 Posts
2014 Active 1.6 Diesel

I reset one of my trip computers each time I fuel up and I generally get around the 60mpg average.
The lowest I've generally got is 58, and the highest 69mpg.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Use to have a 308 Feline 150 BlueHDi, now have a 3008 150 BlueHDi, see slightly less mpg in the SUV at around low 50's, cold weather knocks the fuel consumption down a bit, fuel makes no difference on the MPG (V Power Derv is normal diesel with more cleaning additives, cheaper adding a bottle of redex ? ) and it does depend on your driving style to what your mpg is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts