Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a Peugeot 807 hdl 2.ltr diesel but is not very good on mpg how many mpg is expected out of it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Our 2.2 Hdi does about 32-33 round town, mid 40's on a run. Check the air filter, wash out the dpf, check for binding brakes especially handbrake.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mean the diesel filter is the dpf I thought you just change the diesel filter I don't now if you could clean it .I seem not to have a lot of kick down slow on mark but pulls really well.

·
11,821 Posts
If the car drives perfectly fine but MPG is low it could be your injectors need cleaning and refurbishing.

When I bought my third 307, it drove fine but I couldn't get more than 480-500 miles out of a tank.

When an injector failed I had all four refurbished and after that was getting the usual 550-600 miles that I'd seen on my other 307s.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi. Wynd the link takes me to steering noise problem. I can see that you reply a lot and I'm very grateful for your help my car is only doing 20mpg around town and takes a lot to get to 3rd gear.

·
Registered
182 Posts
DPF is not the fuel filter, its inside the exhaust. When is the last time you took the car for a nice burn on the motorway?
The DPF regenerates on the motorway mostly. Burns all the soot and converts it into ash and blasts it out.

Some shops sell DPF additive to clean the system but you should have a eloys pat fluid tank in your car what does the same thing. It injects a little everytime you put fuel in your tank, so it checks whne the lid is opened and closed. Well thats what they say, not too sure about it though.

Are you putting about allot in town and shops? Maybe just needs a nice drive to clear it out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Things what can improve millage

1. Clean DPF, regen on motorway, additive or wash out, toxic soot inside. or PP2000 computer regenerated in service station or friend(Some people take it for deleting but requires very special tuneing)
2. Injectors, additive, rebuild, replace or clean , if removed will need new fireseals. (additive is the easy one on a clean tank of fuel)
3. Fuel Filter, sometimes difficult to replace or gets air leaks when done. Only viable if very old.
4. Airfilter, replace, should be part of your service plan.
5. MAF, cleanout with easystart this sensor is inside the air filter pipe. Easy one to do, wait for it to dry before starting.
6. ERG , cleanout or blanking. Difficult to do in some cases and may cuase other problems later.

They all will require some skill to undertake. Perhaps if you car is old when service time comes add one to the list to do. But something to google and research.

For you the most basic option is to take it for a nice drive and see if that improves anything.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for that it's have only had the car for a short time had on service history lost???? So not sure what is needed gearbox is not changing when it should be. especially in the morning.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have read about the gearbox and it is saying that the problem is the ecu. On the gearbox can this be reprogrammed by the pp2000 if so is this very complex.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do a lot of town use a lot diesel I have looked up about the dpf and I can now see its on the exhaust system. There's additives I can use not sure what the best one will be. Oil at the moment trying to download the pp2000 but having problems trying to activate it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Changing the auto fluid will be a good start, although trans 'sealed for life' you can't believe how contaminated the old fluid will be.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I through about that. That might explain why it is not very good in the morning when cold when it is warm it's ok

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2003 807 GLX 2.0 HDi Manual, that we have had from 1 year old. It has always returned 30 mpg around town and close to 40 mpg on a run. Never much better, other than very long runs with a very light foot (I think I have had over 40mpg once, maybe). A few years ago after persistent problems with the dpf and continual regen issues we removed the dpf. That made a big difference to the way the car ran as it fixed the regen problems. It improved the mpg marginally also.

I would suggest that with an auto box, you should be getting close to these numbers. I would recommend cleaning the dpf.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi.

My 2006 807 2.0Hdi auto will do
28-31mpg ave, town driving.
36-43mpg ave mototway driving depending on speeds.

Ps, these are true mpg, tank brim to tank brim, the display mpg over reads on my car by a average of about 2mpg.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts