Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, ok i have quite a problem!

My mpg has gone!
I was averaging 45+ easily to the gallon, i noticed i had filled up at an odd time in the fortnight.
So i have done a test run on £20 of diesel and it turns out i am getting 26-28 mpg average!!!

So somethings gone wrong and i need to find out what it is before it costs me more in fuel than it does to insure!

I have planet, is there anything i can do or check with that?
Failing that, where do i start mechanically?

Cheers
Ade.

D

·
0 Posts
What engine. To be honest that trip computer can be way out. Its no real reflection of actual. Reset it. Press and hold button on end of wiper stalk.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What engine. To be honest that trip computer can be way out. Its no real reflection of actual. Reset it. Press and hold button on end of wiper stalk.
2.0 HDi (90).
I dont have a trip computer or a button on the stalk?
I have figured it out from how many gallons i put in the car to how many miles i did when tested.

When i was buying planet and the leads i was under the impression i could do things like add a trip computer or read the average mpg but i have messed with the software for a good week now and to be honest it seems pretty basic lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Try this, I used it when we had our 206 HDi with no trip comp.

Fuel Calculators » Fuel-Economy.co.uk

I compared this to my wife's car with such a luxury and the trip comp was 8mpg out! :eek:

I'm getting to know PP myself and I know you can add the trip in the configurations setting (depending on spec i'd imagine?), but you do need the stalk / button - there is a clip on You Tube showing how to do it. :thumb:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try this, I used it when we had our 206 HDi with no trip comp.

Fuel Calculators » Fuel-Economy.co.uk

I compared this to my wife's car with such a luxury and the trip comp was 8mpg out! :eek:

I'm getting to know PP myself and I know you can add the trip in the configurations setting (depending on spec i'd imagine?), but you do need the stalk / button - there is a clip on You Tube showing how to do it. :thumb:
I have already done the calculations, these are hard calculations i dont have a trip computer on the car.
When i got the car some months back i was getting 45+mpg, now its 26-28 ish i have lost quite a lot and im trying to figure out why..

D

·
0 Posts
Is your car serviced regularly eg air filter changed?
Check for binding brakes also.
Get a diagnostic check done also.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is your car serviced regularly eg air filter changed?
Check for binding brakes also.
Get a diagnostic check done also.
Yes full service less than 2 weeks ago, it had a brake service whilst it was in which was all wheels off, brake check etc.
If i do a global check with pp is that what you would class as a diagnostic check?

D

·
0 Posts
No need of a global test. Just read the engine ecu. Test by ecu on planet.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No need of a global test. Just read the engine ecu. Test by ecu on planet.
Someone said this to me the other day, i seem really restricted on planet as if there are parts i'm missing or something?
I can do a global check, and a few other things but most of the things i click tell me that the ecu did not respond or similar..

D

·
0 Posts
Your engine is a 2.0hdi. It has an engine code, RHY (in the middle of the chassis number.
When you test by ecu you will be asked to choose what engine you have, your being rhy is the one you choose. Best you try it, only way to learn.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your engine is a 2.0hdi. It has an engine code, RHY (in the middle of the chassis number.
When you test by ecu you will be asked to choose what engine you have, your being rhy is the one you choose. Best you try it, only way to learn.
Ah right i get what you mean now, ok that could make some sense because when i first started using it the software asked me for something which the seller i got the kit from just told me to put " 0 " in any codes or numbers it asked for.
I will have another go tomorrow and let you know exactly where it asks me for numbers or other input.
Pretty sure one of them was a 6 digit number to do with the vin number too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so when i load the software it asks for missing " DAM" information, this is what the seller told me to put as " 0 ".

I have attached a screenshot of that.

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
Your dam number is on the sticker on the drivers door pillar. Itll be something like 8970 or the like. Just put in 9089 and see what happens.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your dam number is on the sticker on the drivers door pillar. Itll be something like 8970 or the like. Just put in 9089 and see what happens.
Well i can actually put anything at all in and it still loads, i did a google and discovered that it was on that sticker but couldn't decipher where it actually was on the sticker!
Does the dam number make a difference to how the software operates?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts