Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021-1.2 GT Premium-Auto-Nimbus Grey-Leather-Pano roof
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with the MPG figure shown on the trip display on the 12" screen.

I switched the display to show the three trip stats and while I was driving the figure for MPG (the centre figure) fluctuates wildly. It changes every few seconds, and jumps to completely random figures, e.g. 47.1 - 300 - 88.2 - 999 - 30.0 - 35.3 - 88.0

Looks like a software glitch, but interested to hear if anyone else has had the same issue.

Also, not very happy with MPG of the car so far (after 1500 miles). I noted the car mileage when I got the last low fuel warning. I filled up the tank immediately. After a few days of town and 'A' road driving I got the low fuel warning again after a modest 325 miles.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Check out the figure after 9999kms.
'Range' doesn't jump around instantly and will give a better perspective.
Yesterday after a cold start it read 780 but after 100kms with a strong tail wind and a gentle descent over the last 50, it ended up at 980 remaining.
'Instant' figures are accurate but irrelevant for average purposes.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The figure on the display is your current real time MPG not the average.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Actually, it's not that accurate on the 3008. For some reason, Peugeot have decided to go for an average the last seconds instead of real time. Meaning that if you floor it and then let go, it will take a few seconds from you let go until it shows 0,0l/100km (or I guess 999mpg). The engine however cuts the fuel immediately after the throttle is released and the wheels turn the engine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one, I thought there was an issue with the MPG readout, as it is I think it's a bit pointless I would of preferred to have a average readout?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one, I thought there was an issue with the MPG readout, as it is I think it's a bit pointless I would of preferred to have a average readout?
I assume you know there are 3 different screens, first gives Current Consumption, next 'Trip 1' with average and then 'Trip 2' with average ? You can reset Trip 1 or 2 whenever you like e.g. start of a journey.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I assume you know there are 3 different screens, first gives Current Consumption, next 'Trip 1' with average and then 'Trip 2' with average ? You can reset Trip 1 or 2 whenever you like e.g. start of a journey.
Thanks Tell, No I didn't, I always considered myself computer/gadget savvy I'll have to have another read of the manual...:lol:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks Tell, No I didn't, I always considered myself computer/gadget savvy I'll have to have another read of the manual...:lol:
To cycle through them just keep pressing (on/off) the button on the end of the wiper stalk :) Long press will reset Trip1 or 2 if it is the current one being shown.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is it more accurate if you leave the trip 1 and 2 running or more accurate if you reset after a fuel up?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Is it more accurate if you leave the trip 1 and 2 running or more accurate if you reset after a fuel up?
I leave Trip 1 alone and never reset it, it therefore shows me the average over all the time I have the car, Trip 2 gets reset each petrol fill up to see more current average.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
On all of my Peugeots, The screen that show the total mileage since new also shows the average mpg from when the car was new.

·
Registered
226 Posts
On all of my Peugeots, The screen that show the total mileage since new also shows the average mpg from when the car was new.
3008 is as follows...

The current information tab with:
the range,
the current fuel consumption,
the Stop & Start time counter.

Trip "1" (since last rest) with:
the average speed.
the average fuel consumption,
the distance travelled, for the first trip.

Trip "2" (since last reset) with:
the average speed,
the distance travelled,
for the second trip.

·
Registered
765 Posts
3008 is as follows...

The current information tab with:
the range,
the current fuel consumption,
the Stop & Start time counter.

Trip "1" (since last rest) with:
the average speed.
the distance travelled, for the first trip.

Trip "2" (since last reset) with:
the average speed,
the distance travelled,
for the second trip.
Trip 1 and 2 just show the total distance travelled since they were reset.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Trip 1 and 2 just show the total distance travelled since they were reset.
Trip 1 and 2 show the average speed, the average fuel consumption, the distance travelled since last reset on mine (I have just been to check to make sure that's correct) ?

Just noticed a typo in my last post on Trip 1 - RESET not REST.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts