Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Too little info to suggest as it depends on the type and length of journey and how you drive but for town work it is not too bad I would have thought. A good service and a tankful of the more expensive fuel can help along with a dpf clean could also help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
124p per litre

80 miles on motorway not above 70 , 10 miles in town , 3 miles going uphill , the rest b roads

I was thinking about dpf clean as well as hydraulic valve lifter treatment

·
2,490 Posts
Hi....the only real way of calculating mpg...is to brimm the tank.zero mileage..run to 1/4 full...refill tank....do the sums...that gives a better average before spending/wasting any money on snake oil treatments ....

i make your info about 35mpg..but very inaccurate

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi....the only real way of calculating mpg...is to brimm the tank.zero mileage..run to 1/4 full...refill tank....do the sums...that gives a better average before spending/wasting any money on snake oil treatments ....

i make your info about 35mpg..but very inaccurate

I will do that at the weekend :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right rimmed the tank, then done 171 miles , just about 1/4 tank

so cost fuel 22.66
litres 18.59
miles 171

mpg 41.51 is that goo or bad ?

130 miles on motorway not over 70
the rest A and B roads

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
it depends on if its an estate or a hatch 7 seater or 5 seater whats in the car more weight = more fuel so a 7 seater with all 5 rear seats taken out will have less weight

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i was driving good, no sharp acceleration / braking , no wind was a nice sunny day when I done the driving. no over revs. Its done 120K ,

There is one thing , the car has very little power, for a 2.o 110bhp hit any kind hill and I have to drop down gears , .will not rev past 3k in low gears. I was thinking it could be a turbo actuator if one fitted ??

Its a 2.0 HDi 5 seat sw

My landrover discovery with a 2.5 turbo engine with auto, 7 seats, extra lights , a bar so on and it does 30mpg. Would have thought the 307 would have done a lot better then just 15 mpg better

·
Registered
170 Posts
There is one thing , the car has very little power, for a 2.o 110bhp hit any kind hill and I have to drop down gears , .will not rev past 3k in low gears. I was thinking it could be a turbo actuator if one fitted ??
As something easy to rule out I would try unplugging the electrical connection to the top of the MAF sensor and seeing if things improve dramatically (not your MPG, but performance wilse). If it does then it may be the MAF sensor needs replacing (which is quite common) or the EGR valve is no longer functioning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts