Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have bought myself a 308 GT 180 SW auto 2015, it has 69000 on clock all motorway miles, the mpg is given me 32 which is not that good even if it is mostly urban, anyone have any suggestions? I love the car and it is in very good condition (Regularly serviced)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sounds about right for a fairly powerful petrol engined automatic large family car.
Forget the fantasy figures posted on social media, or manufacturers advertising, in the real world that's about normal.

Roger.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I agree real world figures are rarely anything like claimed figures and if you go for a powerful engine and auto box your not going to see good MPG especially in town

I have an old renault espace it is a 3 litre v6 auto on a run driven sensibly it does 27mpg really carefull driving can see 30 in town it plumets to as little as 15 mpg !

average is about 22

My 307 HDI would do 45 average my clio DCI does 65 average i have seen 85 on a long run driving really carefully

Every car is different but every driver is different too.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
There is a page on the Peugeot website which gives "real world" consumption figures, you enter all the details such as type of driving, normal load and so on (plus car of course).

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi, I have bought myself a 308 GT 180 SW auto 2015, it has 69000 on clock all motorway miles, the mpg is given me 32 which is not that good even if it is mostly urban, anyone have any suggestions? I love the car and it is in very good condition (Regularly serviced)
Really? I have a very heavy right foot. I only use Vpower on my GT. I average around 41/42. This dropped to late 30s when I was at full chat to Munich and back and also on subsequent trip to Berlin and back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds about right for a fairly powerful petrol engined automatic large family car.
Forget the fantasy figures posted on social media, or manufacturers advertising, in the real world that's about normal.

Roger.
Sorry should of said its Diesel!

·
Registered
978 Posts
IIRC the problem with that page is that the choice of different vehicles is rather limited.
Found the page again. https://www.peugeot.co.uk/consumption-calculator/

They reckon on 58.9MPG for our car. On a run I can get over 60mpg, sometimes up to 64 mpg if the roads are not too hilly and we're not loaded to the gunwhales. Around town for me this drops to about 57mpg and when my wife is driving around town it's in the low 50s.

For your car they reckon 46.3MPG so it doesn't look too far away if everything is against you.

Do you drive with the Climate Control normally on? I don't normally and I noticed in the recent hot weather that it had a real impact around town. Less so on a run but still quite noticeable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts