Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 1995 peugeot 306 1.9xrd and im looking to upgrade to a better car this year for the sole purpose of the mpg I can achieve in it. The stats for my car say that it achieves 47mpg.
im interested in the 306, 206 and the 307 and have found that the hdi 2.0 turbo diesel in all these models boasts the same 54mpg (combined).
i wanted to know how accurate these figures are. And how these models seem to be more economical, have More power and are quicker from 0-60mph when they're essentially sportier than my standard 1.9d xrd?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I currently have a 1995 peugeot 306 1.9xrd and im looking to upgrade to a better car this year for the sole purpose of the mpg I can achieve in it. The stats for my car say that it achieves 47mpg.
im interested in the 306, 206 and the 307 and have found that the hdi 2.0 turbo diesel in all these models boasts the same 54mpg (combined).
i wanted to know how accurate these figures are. And how these models seem to be more economical, have More power and are quicker from 0-60mph when they're essentially sportier than my standard 1.9d xrd?
I have a 2.0 hdi90 307 sw on a 2004 plate and get around 32mpg around town and about 42 on the motorway at 70mph. :nod:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2.0 hdi90 307 sw on a 2004 plate and get around 32mpg around town and about 42 on the motorway at 70mph. :nod:
So given the fact mine originally say 44mpg in the book and all stats ive seen for the hdi 2.0 turbo say 54mpg. what do think my car actually achieves and you reckon Its worth upgrading to the 307 with hopes of achieving better mpg.
bare in mind my 1.9xrd is a 1995 plate?

sorry to be a pain in the ar*e just not too informed in regards to this stuff.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you want to find out what your true mpg is then you want to search the net for one of the various mpg calculator apps such as fuelly. You can also see what "true" readings other people are getting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want to find out what your true mpg is then you want to search the net for one of the various mpg calculator apps such as fuelly. You can also see what "true" readings other people are getting.
Yeah great idea. Just checked it out. Thanks. Never heard of this app before.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
my missus 2.0 hdi 90bhp does about 35 around town. i get 50 on the motorway as long as i take it steady. thats with 134k on the clock.

my commute to work is 15 miles a day mixture of roads. i used to average 40 to the gallon all the time

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
My average MPG is 55.3 calculated over 39 full tank fuel-ups and 24,501 miles.

Car is a 2004 307 2.0 HDI 90 with 129,536 on the clock. Most of my mileage is motorway and I set cruise to 65mph on the speedo (63 mph according to satnav). I usually hit stop start traffic at the start of my journey in the morning and at the end of the journey coming home so I guess it works out about 65% motorway & 35% stationary and normal roads.

Regular servicing changing oil & filters, using basically any decent fuel, keeping the tyres to the correct pressures and driving style all help to give the best mpg figures.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
My average MPG is 55.3 calculated over 39 full tank fuel-ups and 24,501 miles.

Car is a 2004 307 2.0 HDI 90 with 129,536 on the clock. Most of my mileage is motorway and I set cruise to 65mph on the speedo (63 mph according to satnav). I usually hit stop start traffic at the start of my journey in the morning and at the end of the journey coming home so I guess it works out about 65% motorway & 35% stationary and normal roads.

Regular servicing changing oil & filters, using basically any decent fuel, keeping the tyres to the correct pressures and driving style all help to give the best mpg figures.
i find my cruise control a pain. i only use motorway once a month but theres always too much traffic. not a bad device nevertheless

·
6,314 Posts
I have 2003 2.0 HDI 110 with 205K on the clock.
It has been re-mapped but I get around 42-44 mpg general driving and 48-52 mpg on a motorway run at 70 ish :D.

If I stick to 55-60 on the motorway I can get around 58-60 mpg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The figures are really appealing to me. Especially since this could be my second cars since passing my test 2years ago. I just don't understand how a higher grade sportier car can be more economical than my current standard 306 1.9xrd. I understand it's old (1995) and it hasn't been looked after in its years. But is that really a that big of a factor?
the stats for all tdi's seem to boast the same sort of gains in mpg over many makes and models. opossed to there non turbo counter parts or even there 1.4-1.6 models. I always believed fuel consumption was reflected in size of the engines. Smaller engines being easier on the fuel.
is there a legit reason why the figures dont add up? Or is it a bit of exaggeration or maybe a selling pitch from the company's?

I really want my next car to be cheaper on fuel but defiantly need it to have some umph (god knows my current car hasnt) as i live in a part of devon that is just one hill after another and im sick of barley making it to the top of some hills.

maybe some of you have been impressed by the fuel consumption with a current or past car and forward me some suggestions.

any help will be extremely appreciated.

thanks...:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts