Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was comparing mpg figures on fb with a few fellow derv users lastnight,and it seems my car is really low. Ive downloaded an app and it seems im getting 35 town driving whilst theyre getting around 38-42 (between few different cars). On a day out to York (supercar experience),Rochdale on way back and then home to Blackpool then Preston the day after i covered 330m on £40 light to light which is about 51mpg so not too bad for motorway driving.
They're all saying clean my egr and throttle body?

Where is the egr valve and how do you clean it? a mate said he used brake cleaner

Thanks

Oh and car doenst feel sluggish,its nippy but has been a while since ive owned a diesel so wouldnt know id its sluggish or not lol.

C

·
0 Posts
You could Clean your EGR or Just blank it but I'd be surprised if it made a difference as you are saying the car isn't sluggish etc. MPG varies so wildly with so many different factors being involved from driving style to how many times you have to start and stop the car, do you accelerate fast or slowly uphill runs down hill runs, wind infront of you or behind etc etc. in my 407 over the last 2000 miles or so im averaging 41.4 mpg on a combined cycle so your not doing too badly. my wifes passat can get up to 70mpg on a motorway travelling at 56mph but it takes forever to get anywhere. In my older mondeo tdci i got it up to an average of 55mpg but i had to drive like miss daisy to achieve it. Also factor in what fuel you use as i was using Morrisons and only returning 38 mpg average now using asda and getting 41mpg so I wouldn't worry too much :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2.0 hdi

You could Clean your EGR or Just blank it but I'd be surprised if it made a difference as you are saying the car isn't sluggish etc. MPG varies so wildly with so many different factors being involved from driving style to how many times you have to start and stop the car, do you accelerate fast or slowly uphill runs down hill runs, wind infront of you or behind etc etc. in my 407 over the last 2000 miles or so im averaging 41.4 mpg on a combined cycle so your not doing too badly. my wifes passat can get up to 70mpg on a motorway travelling at 56mph but it takes forever to get anywhere. In my older mondeo tdci i got it up to an average of 55mpg but i had to drive like miss daisy to achieve it. Also factor in what fuel you use as i was using Morrisons and only returning 38 mpg average now using asda and getting 41mpg so I wouldn't worry too much :D
think ill clean it anyhow see if it makes a difference as 35 does seem low to me compared to a few others. a few have done it and said it does (but where it is and how do you clean it)

the gf uses it for work which is around 10m round trip and does involve alot of start stopping etc she's not heavy footed either. on the moorway i stay between 70-80 tryin not to burn fuel off to quick so i thought 51 was ok.
but yeah we use morrisons a lot and also esso and thats dearer but round the corner from us.
think it needs a good service too

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
erm no lol 1 has a 2.2 cdti vectra gets around 38 town driving. another has a mg estate td with blanked egr and gets around 35-38 another has a nearly new golf tddi thing and gets around 38 town driving and 50 motorway. so for me to have a little 2.0 slower car 35 seems poor compared to them

C

·
0 Posts
erm no lol 1 has a 2.2 cdti vectra gets around 38 town driving. another has a mg estate td with blanked egr and gets around 35-38 another has a nearly new golf tddi thing and gets around 38 town driving and 50 motorway. so for me to have a little 2.0 slower car 35 seems poor compared to them
Not a valid comparison really as they are all completely different cars with completely different consumption rates and engine sizes etc. Have a look on here one thread I started on here called Little Niggles has a bit about MPG or just search on MPG in the different threads and you will get a better comparison as other owners on here will have the same car for you to do a like for like comparison.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts