Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you connect an mp3 player or mobile phone into the standard 407 stereo again as its costing me a fortune in cd-r's and want a better way of doing it?

·
5,044 Posts
I've got a similar cheap option too.... although, its not a brilliant quality audio though :nono:
yea ive got one somewhere as well....................pretty naff :nod::nod:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Depending on the head unit Peugeot sell an official aux input wire for the 407. My local dealer says its about a £50 job to fit and set the aux ports on the head unit. That's inc the part as well! about 40 mins work.
Not had it done yet but it first on the.ist when my car is finally running as it should.

J

·
0 Posts
Knowing how the rest of the systems on the 407 work, I would expect you to have to enable it with PP :nod:

·
Registered
546 Posts
cheapest option is cut cable from some headphones with jack plug and connect this to aux pin behind stereo unit enable i pp aux2 and after in source buton is your music from mp3 or phone enjoy

·
Registered
217 Posts
Depending on the head unit Peugeot sell an official aux input wire for the 407. My local dealer says its about a £50 job to fit and set the aux ports on the head unit. That's inc the part as well! about 40 mins work.
Not had it done yet but it first on the.ist when my car is finally running as it should.
Hi Seb, if you can still access 407 owners I have posted a mini how to on there I bought part 6907.AG (I think) for a fiver off fleabay, then got aux 2 enabled in pp then the clever bit, if you have the factory Bluetooth then installing the mp3 technically loses it but for examples sake the Bluetooth is plugged into sockets 1,2,3 in the aux block the mp3 connector plugs into 4,5,6 these aren't the right numbers and as I'm on my iPhone at the mo I can't access 407owners but the info is on there I've got pics at home as well if needed if you wanna pm yr number I'll call if you want.

Gaz

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Seb, if you can still access 407 owners I have posted a mini how to on there I bought part 6907.AG (I think) for a fiver off fleabay, then got aux 2 enabled in pp then the clever bit, if you have the factory Bluetooth then installing the mp3 technically loses it but for examples sake the Bluetooth is plugged into sockets 1,2,3 in the aux block the mp3 connector plugs into 4,5,6 these aren't the right numbers and as I'm on my iPhone at the mo I can't access 407owners but the info is on there I've got pics at home as well if needed if you wanna pm yr number I'll call if you want.

Gaz
407owners seems to have recently deceased

·
Registered
217 Posts
407owners seems to have recently deceased
If you have a bookmarked post you can still access it, it's the homepage that's dead I'll try an get on tonight to forward link, I have no issues with volume and it even plays my Tom Tom thru the speakers he he.

·
Registered
217 Posts
BUT dont worry about that you can change aux1 or aux 2 depend whats you need
There's still only one input on the back of the stereo, so it's normally a case of either or! But with a little lateral thinking both inputs can be connected to the one input on the back of the rd4.
I'll post more when I'm on my pc not my phone

·
Registered
217 Posts
i use in my aux 1 for bluetooth and aux 2 as source of music
Some rd4s used the aux in socket for the Bluetooth module, probs an afterthought knowing pug!! So in order to plug in mp3 in, aux socket you had to sacrifice Bluetooth module. Later models integrared Bluetooth to enable free use of aux docket

·
Registered
217 Posts
rd4 never had integrated bluetooth
I must've been misinformed as the back of my rd4 only has one aux input and the factory fit Bluetooth plugs into this, I know that because when I installed the 9706.AG Bluetooth still connectef to my phone and would make and receive calls all with no sound, plug connector back in, full sound, so as I said before either or, or piggy back the 9706 into for arguments sake 4,5,6 enable aux input and hey presto both work

Just saying as this is what worked for me

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If youve got to connect it to planet then i wont bother as nobody in Hull has it apart from the stealers and a couple if indys

1 - 20 of 42 Posts