Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After a little spending spree on ebay earlier I have bought a Lexia 3 cable and as such can now replace the basic stereo currently in my car.

I've bought an RD4 MP3 head unit to fit in the car so I can have more variation between disc changes.

If I was to add a 5 disc in dash changer to the head unit, would the changer accept MP3 CD's, or would it be limited to standard audio CD's? If it's the latter I will consider a Yatour or iPod connector instead of a CD changer.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Besides the changers being known to fail, the early ones certainly wouldn't support MP3 CD's. I would expect the changers fitted to a car with a factory fitted MP3 head unit would also support MP3 but as I've never had on I can't say for sure.

The Yatour or Connects 2 would be the route I would choose. Personally I've had more successfull results with Yatour than connects 2.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fitted a Yatour to my last car and never had an issue with it over the years. I still have the Yatour box, but with my old car being a Honda the cable is obviously useless to me; wonder if I can just buy the Peugeot cable.

Would any of the Yatour owners happen to know if the iPod folder/track changes can be made with the steering controls, if the iPod is controllable via the steering controls I'll just get a whole new Yatour as the old one I have is just an SD/USB one.

On the cheaper side there's also these cables here: Peugeot / Citroen RD4 Aux iPod Input Adaptor Audio Interface Converter | eBay

Knowing that cheap often means rubbish, are they any good?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
They pass audio into the radio through the aux channel - basically using the radio as an headphone amplifier - no control at all - you have to control by fiddling with the iPod. Not exactly safe when driving.

I think that was what that lorry driver was doing when he killed a family.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They pass audio into the radio through the aux channel - basically using the radio as an headphone amplifier - no control at all - you have to control by fiddling with the iPod. Not exactly safe when driving.

I think that was what that lorry driver was doing when he killed a family.
Not so ideal, it would be a case of set the music and put up with it until the end of the journey. I'd rather not be responsible for a minor ding, let alone the lives of a family!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The yatour Ipod interface will allow control of the ipod. Pretty sure the cheap cable in the ebay listing will not.
I guessed the ebay one wouldn't allow control as it most likely just links the L/R audio channels to the CD changer input and nothing more; looks like it's got the +ve and GND wires coming out to attach to a 5v power supply for charging too.

I think for £60ish the Yatour with the iPod cable will be the way to go, at least that way I have the option of SD, iPod, 3.5mm AUX, USB etc...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts