Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a topic here about the moving bonnet on the highway?
Or are people here experiencing the same thing?

·
2,247 Posts
I seem to remember a member advising of a T.S.B. re bonnet wobble...I adjusted mine on the 'push and twist' bump stops on the bonnet....its been fine after a 1min adjustment

·
Registered
34 Posts
We I test drove one back in July I noticed this. I didn't say anything as it was a consideration at the time. Just saying that I have seen this issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well mine has this and now i have the dutch media on it.
The whole issue is coming on television because after one year of trying i want them to take the car back.
My bonnet is moving and goes up at high speed when i pass a truck.
So i was curious how many people have this issue in the UK

·
Registered
153 Posts
i have the same though i am in Estonia
when on high speed any truck is passing me from opposite direction i see that bonnet moves up a bit.
they could find nothing in service....

i already started thinking that i just see something like what you can see on a plane's wing tips when they leave a small white vapor trail...

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's partly down to to how lightweight the bonnet is. The whole car weighs just 1.3 tons which is really light for a car of this size.

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Correct when i pass a truck on the highway you see the bonnet going up on the front and moves badly.
Always the idea what if it really goes up and hits the windshield.

Peugeot does not want to do anything about it and say it is normal and i have to accept it.
Well if it was normal why is there a TSB for it and they glue some plastic and rubber on the bonnet to try to resolve it? Did not help with my car.
So now i have the bonnet taped to the front bumper so it does not move.
But i do not accept it and it is going in the media here now. If this is how a Peugeot should be then everybody should know it.

Bonnet is from aluminium and not strong enough. So they could make two hooks like a Range Rover Evoque to secure it to the car or make the bonnet from steel.
They say the bonnet is save but it does not give me a save feeling when it moves like that.
The new 2008 has the same faulty construction....so Peugeot does not listen to their customers at all.
Maybe the media attention will get them moving but i doubt it.

On the german and italian forums there are a lot of post and everybody is glueing rubber strips to make it better. But lets get serious a company like PSA should fix this and not the drivers. It is not a budget car like a Dacia and they want to go more premium with the 3008 and 5008 and then they make this....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Here is the link to the TSB

https://ibb.co/iszaje

I have had the "fix" carried out and, after 2 days with the dealer, it has mad some little difference.:mad:

Except when I pass a roadtrain doing 110km/h in the opposite direction. The bonnet still lifts alarmingly. :eek: When I remember I'll post some video from my dashcam. I wonder that, if it finally separates from the hinges and goes flying over the roof of the car in to the traffic behind me, will this be covered under warranty? :confused:

This is a design issue and not something that can be readily fixed by the dealer. They did their best based on the information and instruction available.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I have owned the car shown in my signature below for a year now and have had no issues at all with the bonnet. Car first registered May 2018.

·
Registered
600 Posts
This probably is the most common issue with this 3008/5008 II, but not every car has this problem. There are, at least, 9 revisions of that TSB, but it usually doesn't fix that much. Since November last year, Peugeot replaced the bonnet with a new part number - don't know if it finally fixes anything...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also had this problem. But I guess I am one of the Lucky ones, since I managed to fix it with some adjustments of the rubber stops.
I've tested up to appr. 180 km/h and it doesn't move anymore.

@riconl: When will your case be broadcast on TV? I'm Dutch too, and very curious to see learn about case, and how Peugeot dealt with it.

Btw: I am currently having a discussion with Citroen Netherlands about premature wear of the timing belt of my 2017 C3-III.
I'm also intending to throw that in the media if not resolved properly.

·
Registered
233 Posts
But I guess I am one of the Lucky ones, since I managed to fix it with some adjustments of the rubber stops.
I've tested up to appr. 180 km/h and it doesn't move anymore.
Have you actually gone passed a truck travelling in the opposite direction at that speed?? Travelling forward with no traffic is not the problem. It's the vacuum caused between the two opposing vehicles that causes a pressure differential. Just like an aircraft wing.

I fail to see how any adjustment of rubber stops can fix this.:nono:

·
2,247 Posts
By adjusting the stops it makes the bonnet a tighter fit ..all I did was to gently push down either side of the bonnet and adjusted the stops to take up any movement...I noticed mine flexing after 2 weeks of ownership...and now after 2 years ,,its still fine,,and I have hgvs passing close as im up and down the a1/a14 often...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts