Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After test drive with new turbo solenoid fitted i noticed a vibration through the front wheels. My first guess is the bottom ball joints. So jacked up front wheels today and theres movement from side to side. ie grab tyre at 3 and 9 oclock and there is play. Nothing from 12 and 6 oclock. Can someone confirm if that is the ball joints i cant remember as i have done them before. I couldnt really see much movement in the joint itself. Thanks.

D

·
0 Posts
You can be sure its the swivel joints that have failed. Also make sure its not the inner tie rod or the track rod end.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inner and outer tie rod ends were done last year for mot lm going to unbolt outer tie rod tommorow and see if i pull it there is movement.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
From your description i think it could be track rod end/steering arm related but could be swivel joint you need someone to make it move while having a look/feel to be sure.

C

·
0 Posts
Take it to kwik shift or national tyres and auto thieves and get the to have a look as sometimes they can see more on a ramp than you can on a jack. Also I find them very responsive to a pack of choccy biccies for their time :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts