Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys . i have a question will a car fail mot if the driver seat has movement . a bit broke on the frame at the front and one side of the back and base would lift and tilt back so i but a 6mm rivet in and it's not quite inline with the otherside so theirs abit of movement in the back and the base .when you lean back one corner tilts back about a inch and as that happens the front of the seat comes up about a inch . but the frame is secure to the car ( no movement )

·
Registered
228 Posts
Take this for what it's worth, I'm not an MOT tester...

If the seat moves about then I wouldn't bother taking it for test until I'd fixed it properly - unless, say, I was unsure of something I can't inspect myself like emissions in which case I'd expect it to fail, but I could then evaluate whether it's worth fixing...

Section 6.2 of the MOT inspection manual says a reason for rejection is "1. The security of the driver’s or any passenger’s seat is significantly reduced."

Wobbling or moving when you shift your weight is insecure imo.

·
3,007 Posts
Yep..as above....must be secure and be able to adjust...all part of the safety systems...or the seat belt woudnt work correctly (god forbid)if you ever need it to work....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts