Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its that time of the year again, the MOT ! I have had the 307 SW for around 10 months so this is the first mot for me and since buying have done quite a few jobs including heater blower replacement, rh driveshaft, drop links,rh front coil spring with top strut bearing. There is still a rattle from the front drivers wheel area which I am suspecting is the lower ball joint but hopefully this will be confirmed today. I know I shouldn't be wishing my car to fail the mot on this but It would confirm the ball joint being the problem as I have had this problem since I bought the car but cant actually find the cause. So frustrating cars sometimes. :nod:

·
Registered
437 Posts
I can relate to this post.

I had rattling at the front even after replacing both drop links and both strut mounts and the car still passed 2 MOTs.

Third year round I took it to a different garage and it failed on lower ball joints which I found were a pain in the arse to replace.

All I will say is that when replacing parts like drop links, strut mounts, ball joints etc it's best to do both sides.

Good luck on the MOT.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well its good news and bad I suppose. It only failed on rear seized calliper, 2 wipers and 2 orange bulbs, but still has the annoying rattle on the front drivers side. I was sure that the mot would pick it up today but just got to keep looking I suppose.! :nono:

·
Registered
437 Posts
I guess that's not bad for a MOT.

IF you can get the lower arm off then you could check the lower ball joints for sure. Problem is that removing the lower arm may damage the ball joint dust cover.

Also one of my annoying rattles over the years was a brake pad which had lost its anti rattle shim and the pad itself was rattling in the caliper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts