Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had MOT and car serviced, only had new front brake pads fitted and the total cost was £180.

Is that expensive?

Same place had both handbrake cables replaced earlier this year as one snapped and the other was close to snapping... that was £80.

The reason why I ask is the middle pipe which connects to my back box has rusted and come away, sounds v loud now and not my thing but not sure if to try different garage or not!

Thanks

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
sounds ok to me that price, seems about average for a garage

last time i got all the stuff meself and gave a guy i knew £50 for mot then £20 for doing it.

got rear disks and pads, oil, air and cabin filters etc that set me back £120 ish

just had the clutch fitted at a garage as the guy that did my mot back in dec was involved in an accident involving a bus. and that cost me £135 (with tow) to get a new fitted, bought part from ecp for £117.

thing is tho prices vary considerably.

peugeot center wanted £250 for fitting new clutch (told them to fek off)
mr clutch wanted £200 (laughed and hung up)
a smaller garage wanted £140 (couldnt do it sooner)
and the one i just went to £120 with £15 tow to garage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cck2k9 said:
sounds ok to me that price, seems about average for a garage

last time i got all the stuff meself and gave a guy i knew £50 for mot then £20 for doing it.

got rear disks and pads, oil, air and cabin filters etc that set me back £120 ish

just had the clutch fitted at a garage as the guy that did my mot back in dec was involved in an accident involving a bus. and that cost me £135 (with tow) to get a new fitted, bought part from ecp for £117.

thing is tho prices vary considerably.

peugeot center wanted £250 for fitting new clutch (told them to fek off)
mr clutch wanted £200 (laughed and hung up)
a smaller garage wanted £140 (couldnt do it sooner)
and the one i just went to £120 with £15 tow to garage.
i see you're in county durhm, you mind me asking which garage u use?

the guy i use is independent, always seems genuine but some people said handbrake fix was expensive, i have never doubted him but i have always used him so have nothing to compare him to

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
well i spend most of time in darlington but the garage i use is in gateshead, called - Hoddy's. he deals with lorries, vans, taxis and cars. different pits for different vehicle. fast turn around aswell. tried to book somewhere for monday on the previous sat and he said yeah bring it in anytime :D very happy with this guy.

the only problem is getting the car to him, so i got him to tow :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts