Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys need your help again please lol.I got a 407 on a 06 plate and done 68,000 miles, took car in for mot this week and it passed well happy with that but there was a advisory and it reads nearside front suspension arm slight play in a pin bearing . Any ideas what the part looks like so i can buy one please any pics too please . ta guys

D

·
0 Posts
Hi guys need your help again please lol.I got a 407 on a 06 plate and done 68,000 miles, took car in for mot this week and it passed well happy with that but there was a advisory and it reads nearside front suspension arm slight play in a pin bearing . Any ideas what the part looks like so i can buy one please any pics too please . ta guys
Redirect Notice

·
Registered
546 Posts
my today not passed due emission but they sad me need change fuel filter charged me 90 pounds and passed,but now the best i fit myself last week new orginal bosch filter they fitted me today crap fram:(

D

·
0 Posts
because if i dont agree probably not passed mot

mot price is just 20 pounds they must do something more for earn money
My opinion. Absolute rubbish. There's no way in hell a fuel filter that was fitted a week ago made your car fail the emissions test.
How could it?
Even if it was partially blocked the smoke machine is not going to know that.

D

·
0 Posts
my today not passed due emission but they sad me need change fuel filter charged me 90 pounds and passed,but now the best i fit myself last week new orginal bosch filter they fitted me today crap fram:(
Bosch don't make the original fuel filters for the 1.6Hdi either, Delphi do.

J

·
0 Posts
Which is the reason I never have an MOT at these backstreet £20 places.... far better to have paid the £40 at Peugeot dealer :nod:

·
Registered
546 Posts
this garage is oposite house that why i go there

ok my foult it was delphi,but dasemeter
i want show whats garage do with people

people havent choice must pay more if want pass mot
new filter never help for emision
i explain again
i go on mot
it not passed charged 20 ,they sad me need new fuel filter i sad ok and dont sad about changed last week,they sad me 90 pound i pay and after 2 hour they call to me job done passed mot:)

C

·
0 Posts
Choice across the road £90 rip you off or go somewhere else pay £55 it passes and your £35 better off.

To me this is a no brainer!!!!

C

·
0 Posts
yeah but if another do the same not pass and after another no pass
Don't know about other testing stations but one I use and have done for last 15-20 years don't charge a re-test fee, plus they have done work on my car and van sometimes over an hours worth of labour and only charged for the test. As long as you don't take the p**s with what you are trying to get a years ticket on they are fair. So I'm more than happy paying full mot price.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Upper ball joints can be tight with corrosion and then will need an upper ball joint socket plus a 38mm 3/4 drive socket to work it, and additional leverage If its as tight as ours was. We used a 1/2 and broke it. Alternative is an air impact wrench instead of extra leverage.
Sealey sell the ball joint socket, other will do too. Think it was about £25 mark.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts