Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well had the car a few months now had issues with starter motor now sorted with new starter and new battery
now have new issues :(

1.6 Petrol 16v 2004 plate 307sw (75k)

last night while driving in traffic engine light came on along with a anti polution message...............at the same time my accelerator stopped working
car was still running but when i pressed peddle nothing happened car just stayed ticking over with engine light on
no matter how hard i pressed accelerator nothing changed,(the revs did not rise they stayed just under 1000) i managed to keep slipping the clutch and get car to side of the road on the tickover revs
turned car off while i phoned mrs to tell her i would be late
restarted car and accelerator worked fine(engine light still on)
so i thought ok limp mode ill just get it home only it wasnt in limp mode it ran just fine right up to 70mph and rpm as high as i wanted to take it................... hmmmm
got it home and decided to try to see if i could get the light to go off, reversed off my drive and got a brake error message then changed to abs fault and the red stop sign was flashing
this morning nothing no warnings no lights just a rattling/ feint knocking when i release the throttle (doesnt happen when accelerating nor when in neutral only when engine breaking scenario. ie the car has to be moving and slowing down under engine breaking for the sound to happen ) its a uniform sound like its coming from drive shaft or fly wheel etc) anyone any ideas where to start?
i have ordered a lexia and pp200 from ebay should be here tomorrow

i thought maybee the gearbox oil may be low as i can see one of the drive shafts has been replaced prior to me owning it so i bought some 75w 80w oil ready to top up gearbox but when i removed the top plug it was full and didnt need any oil so i dont know where to start with the noise :(
anyone any thoughts on possible clutch issue or anything else i could check as the sound is realy prominent and very annoying it just came on all at once diddnt start gradual and get louder or anything........ cant tell if the sound is coming from front or back wheel or engine and i cant feel any vibrations from the sound through any of the pedals nor gear lever etc

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah gibbo thanks going to do that asap
got lexia and pp200 on its way in the post,
just making a xp partition on my lappy as we speak ready :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
windy thanks and funny you should say that
i read on google someone mention brake light switch i had a quick feel of the pedal earlier but couldn't feel the switch so ill have a look in daylight see if i can locate it in daylight

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok so lexia and pp came today
got them installed and plugged the pug in
its the first time i have used it so took me a while to have a good look around i got a few errors but couldnt see any p numbers not sure where to find them
i have taken a few photos of what it said about the errors though
1 was power steering (didnt know i had any issue with the steering)
1 was abs fault that came up other day
and 1 was throttle switch (well 2 were throttle switch actually)
nothing anywhere about the antipolution fault and nowhere could i see any fault codes maybe i just need to play with it a little more to find them
any pointers where i find the fault codes please?

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks gibbo
well i had a good wiggle of the wire plugs on the brake switch and cleared all the faults last week
been using the car daily and not had any more issues touch wood
out of interest i put it back on pp today and the only fault thats still showing is the steering wheel angle sensor permanent fault..........
doesnt seem to cause any issues the abs still works :lol:

the only thing realy annoying me if anyone wants to try to give any ideas is the knocking/tapping noise im getting when i lift off accelerator and am coasting in gear(engine braking)
doesn't happen on tick over or out of gear, doesn't happen when accelerating.only happens when in gear and not accelerating (goes very quiet almost totally gone but still there if you listen for it when i put clutch in)
its a uniform constant sound which relates to the speed being travelled ie its slower at lower speeds and seems related to road speed rather than engine revs, ie if im doing 40mph in 3rd gear the noise is the same speed as if im doing 40mph in 5th gear
im not an engine person but thinking it has to be drive shaft, clutch or similar related to only happen when in gear but could be totaly wrong and the only way i can think of to describe the sound is like the noise you get when abs kicks in just no where near as loud
oh and i cant feel the noise throgh the car floor or pedals or anything but it is quite loud
anyone any ideas? i have a great mechanic neighbour who would be able to check any ideas out but he hasnt got a clue where the noise is from he suggested gearbox oil as the drive shaft had been replaced but when i checked gear box oil was full :(
as i said pp is only showing the steering angle sensor fault and nothing else now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts