Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys more help required. 2 more problems appeared today. Drivers window goes down fine no problem but when closing it travels up part way then shoots down. I believe that this is a feature as the window thinks its jammed and returns down to the bottom. Is it a case of greasing all the components and the window support rails? I managed to close it by lifting the window in stages rather than the 1 shot up function. Then the passenger side drive the window opened down without a problem however closing the window presents a problem. The window stops as you try and close it all the way up 3 or 4 times. I got to work today and put the window through its paces drove the window up and down a number of times eventually the window stopped 3/4 closed and none of the window switches operated the motor it was like this for 5 minutes. I left it and tried it and it closed and Ive now left it like that. Any help appreciated

C

·
0 Posts
Dry lube. Wurth do a good one. Clean the channels first with a nailbrush and soapy water.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
No grease , silicone spray if you have too.
Had to edit this post , sticky window today i don`t use silicone myself and it was a choice today of fairy liquid (had none) vaseline (had none) so i used johnsons baby oil ,no bother now just have to clean the smears.

·
5,028 Posts
i had this exact problem a few years ago on my 407. A quick squirt with silicon spray solved it,,,,reminds me i must spray it again sometime soon:thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
And why, Swollocks, do you keep a bottle of ghey anal lube in the car...?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
chopper1192 said:
And why, Swollocks, do you keep a bottle of ghey anal lube in the car...?
Do you know i wondered who would be the first to say something and chopper you didn`t let me down ,
funny thing was i was sitting in the taxi rank when my window became sticky and i went across the road to the local pub to see if they had fairy liquid which they hadn`t but they had baby oil and i never questioned why they had baby oil behind the bar but guess what , i will tomorrow.:ask:
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI I think ive resolved the Drivers side there is a bit of play in the window side to side movement after religning the window the problem has not occured. However the passenger side still proves to be a problem stopping on the way up one shot up didnt work it stopped the window waited a minute retried and it closed. It doesnt matter which button you use either drivers side or passenger puzzling.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Newspaperman said:
FYI I think ive resolved the Drivers side there is a bit of play in the window side to side movement after religning the window the problem has not occured. However the passenger side still proves to be a problem stopping on the way up one shot up didnt work it stopped the window waited a minute retried and it closed. It doesnt matter which button you use either drivers side or passenger puzzling.
On the passenger side did you try holding the button up for 10 seconds when you had it fully closed to see if it resets itself.

·
5,028 Posts
did you try any sort of lubricant on the runners??

·
5,028 Posts
Newspaperman said:
As yet no lubricant used when I find some Ill give them a squirt
worked on my drivers side not long after i got the car,do your windows go up quite quickly??

Have you done the window race to see who wins:nod: my drivers side wins over the passeger side but the rears beat the drivers side:eek: spend far too long waiting outside shop's for Mrs Trem:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trem1 I know that feeling too well. If your on about the race yes the Drivers windows beats the passenger side but i wouldnt say they were quick closers. Maybe the passenger side needs a lube what did you use?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was gonna do the front brakes today but im getting really peed off with this rain all the time. Couldnt do them cos of the weather. It helps as I dont use the windows in the pouring rain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sticky Window

bettyswollocks said:
Had to edit this post , sticky window today i don`t use silicone myself and it was a choice today of fairy liquid (had none) vaseline (had none) so i used johnsons baby oil ,no bother now just have to clean the smears.
Had the same problem with offside rear window. Took it to the local Pug dealer to find out what was wrong. They said it needed a new motor as the old one was knackered, total cost £356. I thought, look on the forum see if anyone else had the same problem, Sure enough there it was. Today I greased the window tracks with Vaseline, hey presto, the window now works perfectly, and I have saved £356, well done forum.
Many Thanks
Telboy

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Telboy what did you actually do? Did you remove the door cards and grease each runner with vaseline? Did you clean the runners first? Sorry to say I thought I had resolved the drivers window problem but today it happened again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts