Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologise to those who love 307's straight to the core but mine is doing my head in.

New problems are:

when I wash the rear window, the front jets squirt. If that's not annoying enough, it doesn't wipe up after itself. So the car loves to squirt everywhere.

AND, when I pull away from a junction or whatever, there's a squeaky/creaky noise coming from the clutch (well, sounds like it). The only way to describe the sound is - Open and close a heavy rusty gate -.

And I got a quote about my dodgy fuel gauge. Apparently the sender only comes with the pump, so it's £299 inclusive of VAT for the kit and replace. I'm not keen since it's an 02 reg and there's no way I'm spending that much. I'll just reset the mile counter every time I fill up thanks.

Anybody got any solutions or something that will cheer me up? I found out I had a drawer under my seat which made me happy a little inside.

Jazz

·
Registered
20 Posts
My washer pump is doing the same, squirts windscreen not rear window, i'm waiting for a slightly warmer weekend before i pull the pump off and investigate.... if you find a solution, let me know! Cheers :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm wondering if there isn't a pressure relief valve in the circuit somewhere and the rear pipe is partially frozen, thus sending some of it through the front. More antifreeze in the washer liquid and pump it through a few times, unless the weather up there improves.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Yorkshireman said:
My washer pump is doing the same, squirts windscreen not rear window, i'm waiting for a slightly warmer weekend before i pull the pump off and investigate.... if you find a solution, let me know! Cheers :)
Done this on my 307 so i took out top brake light and the washer hose was split .

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rear one still works. Flow is as normal. And It's deffo not off replacing the wiper. Water comes from top, not like the 306.

I think I'm going to sell this car like. I've just got it through it's MOT so I'm going to list it. No doubt if I sort all these problems something else will arise.

The garage said the clutch noise could be the dual mass flywheel.. he didn't know about peugeots but a cheap ford mondeo one costs over £1000

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replacement of washer motor only cure for this problem. The valve in it is stuck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
davidireland said:
Replacement of washer motor only cure for this problem. The valve in it is stuck.
That's what I would have said. If you're going to sell this is a cheap fix, get the new washer motors on ebay for 5-10 quid, whip off the front bumper and replace. 30 mins to an hours worth of effort....or just leave it for the new owner to sort out!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers jet! I'll look a little more into that and get it done. It's getting slightly boring having the front get sprayed when I only put the rear on!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
sounds like your experiancing the full 307 faults :lol:

you say about the clutch, does it squeek when your in neutral and just dip and release the clutch without changing gear?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:bang: yes I'm experiencing a fair few. kinda still like the car though..

Might go your way when I get a bit of money :rolleyes:

As for the clutch, I'll give that a go when it's not pouring down haha. I had my mate from college who works for cummings to sit in and listen, he said it'll be a while before the clutch gives me bother.

:eyebrow: what does the squeak in neutral mean like? :eyebrow:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
fair enough :lol:

if it squeeks when you dip and release the clutch then something is up with the clutch such as the release bearing.

also you could try and diagnose where the squeek is coming from. get to the biting point (leave handbrake on) and see if you hear a squeek if so its a transmission thing. if not release the brakes and if you hear a squeek you have a binding brake...i had squeeky brakes at slow speeds and something squeeked when changing gears fast - which made the car jump a little :lol:

tbh if it was the dmf it most possibly be there all the time at any speed when changing gear.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, by what others have said I'm guessing the squeak is the release bearing. I think when it goes (or about to go) i'm going to do the solid conversion. Get a solid clutch kit and get that fitted. That way the whole thing will be nice again. And apparently it'll drive better. (Like my 306 did, but more power yeay!)

You know the electrical problems in my other thread, would they be caused by jump starting other people? Or the cold weather making my starter chew over? Resulting in the battery boiling over a little?

I do hope that one fault is the root of all these. Noticed a little bit of oil on the floor of the garage too.. Gonna get under the car and check what the hell is going on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts