Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307 HDI 1.4 51 Plate

The ongoing saga of my car refusing to start has had another twist. Basically it suddenly refused to start one day and hence I tried replacing the glow plugs, the relay, temp sender unit, tried PP2000 with no effect (see previous posts). I could only get it going with loads of damp start. Once started, it would re-start again, but if it was left for more than 20 mins it would refuse again.

In the end I took it to a local garage, which couldn’t get it not to start, although really lumpy on start it eventually levelled itself out and ran smoothly. He tried his diagnostics and found no problems (fuel pressures all ok).

So now I have a car which will start, but is very lump and will usually stall to start off with a few times but once warm will be fine. I have put some diesel injector cleaner in the tank. What do you think, is this something that will work its way through after a while....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was wondering if the injector cleaner will have this effect. I have put a slightly strong mix in.

It starts first time, runs for about 10 seconds and then stalls, very strange

D

·
0 Posts
Prime the hell out of the priminb bulb in the engine bay when it doesn't start. See if it'll start then. .

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No still no joy

I wondered if the injector cleaner was too strong, but I have put more diesel in since then with no joy.

Its starts first time now but is very lumpy before it stalls 10 second later. It does sound very 'tappy' as well at this point although it's not coming from the rockers - sounds like its lower down. It then won’t start for a while but eventually starts and runs fine once warm. When it’s warmed up you can then switch it off leave it for a while and it starts first time.

I’m wondering if this could be a case of having the injectors stripped down and cleaned – or would it be a case that if it was the injectors it would run lumpy all the time.

I take it that injector cleaning needs to be done by a professional outfit or is this something you can do at home.

Could it be anything else.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts