Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if you have read my thread "Nightmare 307 HDi" you will know the drama's I have been having with my wifes car.

Well it has got better but now when it's first started up it is REALLY hesitant ( 0-30 in 15 seconds ) until it gets warm and then it drives absolutely beautifully.

Any ideas?

No codes showing up in planet. The only thing left I can think of is the EGR? does anyone know how to remove/clean/blank this? Or any other suggestions would be good.

All pipes are fine, all 4 solenoid/electrovalves are functional, turbo is working at the correct pressures.

2.0 HDi 110 02 plate RHS Engine

·
Registered
176 Posts
You might not be getting any warning lights but it might be an idea to have someone checks for error codes.

If your injectors are heavily carbonised that causes similar problems.

When you turn the engine over (start) you should be idling at about 1.2k revs.

When you weld your foot to the floor (out of gear of course) does the rev counter struggle to go directly to 5k revs or does it kind of stick somewhere around 3k revs for a while?
If that is the case then remove your engines air filter (not the pollen filter) and have a look at it. A dirty filter means that the engine can't breathe properly.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Disconnect the plug to the airflow meter next time you`re about to start from cold and let us know what effect it has ,

ps Hysteria he says he read for codes with pp and got none.

·
Registered
176 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Disconnect the plug to the airflow meter next time you`re about to start from cold and let us know what effect it has ,

ps Hysteria he says he read for codes with pp and got none.
Problems sound exactly like what I went through 2 weeks ago.
I'm naming my 307 1.6HDi SW (2004) Paris Hilton because it's nothing but problematic and can suck money out of your wallet faster than Paris can Suc... well you get the idea.

I replaced the motor filter (no error's either), the thing was completely full swollen and black.

Now when I start the car I can weld my foot to the floor and go directly to 5k revs. Previous to this it would rev to about 3k and then hang while the engine struggled. After about 5 to 10 seconds the motor would go to 5k revs.

D

·
0 Posts
Hysteria said:
You might not be getting any warning lights but it might be an idea to have someone checks for error codes.

If your injectors are heavily carbonised that causes similar problems.

When you turn the engine over (start) you should be idling at about 1.2k revs.

When you weld your foot to the floor (out of gear of course) does the rev counter struggle to go directly to 5k revs or does it kind of stick somewhere around 3k revs for a while?
If that is the case then remove your engines air filter (not the pollen filter) and have a look at it. A dirty filter means that the engine can't breathe properly.
This will have no bearing on whether the engine will not rev out or not. Do you realize how much an airfilter would need to be blocked to not allow an engine to rev out.

Also how do you figure that the idle will be 1200rpm??

·
Registered
176 Posts
davidireland said:
This will have no bearing on whether the engine will not rev out or not. Do you realize how much an airfilter would need to be blocked to not allow an engine to rev out.

Also how do you figure that the idle will be 1200rpm??
I just went through a very similar problem, starting the car wasn't any great problem, but after trying to drive away the car wouldn't rev up.
I took it out of gear and planted my foot to the floor, the motor gets stuck at about 3k revs and then eventually goes to 5k revs (the start of the red on the rev counter)
Replaced the air filter, it was full and soggy and basically useless. (Wish I had taken a photo)
Now every time I put the foot down it goes directly to 5k revs and the "Dead zone" is gone.

My car and 3 other 307 1.6 hdi cars I have seen have a nominal rev while ideling of between 0.8 and 1k revs (sorry) normally it's the lower value

1 - 6 of 6 Posts