Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first thing I do when I change my car is to turn the Air Con Mono mode on, so that the Drivers side temperature control operates both sides. There's a bug in my 508 software that locks the Drivers side temperature control every time the car is switched off/locked. The only way to get it working is to either operate the passenger side, which obviously turns Mono off, or to turn Mono off/on in settings.

I reported it to my Dealer when it was in for its 1000 mile check in late October, thinking that a software reload would fix it. However, the Master Tech. checked their two Demonstrators and they were the same. He also said that this issue hadn't been reported to Peugeot before and that he would raise it, leaving it 'open' on my car so that when a fix is issued the Dealer would contact me.

Does anyone else have the same bug? I'll wait until mid January and then I'll start chasing the Dealer. it will have been 3 months then since I reported it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I’m glad you’ve raised this - exactly the same for me. I also reported it when I returned for my 1,000 mile check back in March but was told I’d have to select Mono each time I start the car which I disagreed with - never had to on my previous 508! I’ve recorded it happening on video but haven’t had another reason to book the car in yet, so will raise it again when the 12 month service is due in February.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m glad you’ve raised this - exactly the same for me. I also reported it when I returned for my 1,000 mile check back in March but was told I’d have to select Mono each time I start the car which I disagreed with - never had to on my previous 508! I’ve recorded it happening on video but haven’t had another reason to book the car in yet, so will raise it again when the 12 month service is due in February.
That's very poor from your Dealer if that's the best advice they could offer, if they'd done what they should have we would have had a fix by now.. I'll chase mine up when they're back from their Christmas break, I might even take it up with Peugeot but as with a lot of Customer Service Centres these days, they can only read from screens and have little or no product knowledge whatsoever.

Maybe it's one of those features that the majority don't think is important, in fact if I had the choice I'd get rid of the Dual Zone bit altogether.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It was rather a cop-out! In the main my dealership is helpful and the same technician suggested videoing it as he hadn’t been able to replicate the issue. Probably because it only becomes an issue once I’ve set mono which works until the next engine start when it freezes - in hindsight I suspect he didn’t try it after switching the engine off and back on again. I’d be happy with single zone climate too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called my Dealer on Tuesday in the hope that a software update was available as it's been nearly 3 months since I raised it, alas no and they didn't seem interested either. So now I've raised it with Peugeot and I'm expecting a timeline for the fix as a minimum, early next week.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks Idler, mine is booked in for its annual service next month so I plan to mention it again then and will show them a video of what happens!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Peugeot 'Customer Care' have yet again demonstrated their ineptitude.
I asked them for an update since it has been 3 months since I reported it at the Dealer, they response from Peugeot is that in order to raise a Technical Ticket for this fault I need to take the car back to the Dealer to have a diagnostic check.

"But they had it 3 months ago when I reported it" I said, and "They have their own 508s with the same fault, why can't they diagnose one of those to raise a Technical Ticket?"
"Go back to the Dealer" was the repetitive response, and after several emails with questions which they wouldn't answer, Peugeot refused to discuss it anymore.

I suspected from the way the first email from the Customer Care Manager was written I wasn't going to get anywhere.
As much as this bug annoys me, I am not making a special trip to the Dealer for something which they should have already done, and can do now themselves. If there isn't an update before my first annual service then I'll insist that it's done then.

I've contacted Peugeot 4 times now, except once they have been absolutely useless, just reading from a screen with no product knowledge whatsoever. I have a feeling that it's going to be some time before this gets fixed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That’s very disappointing! I’m following this up with my dealership and will also be raising the issue when it’s in for its service soon. Perhaps if enough of us raise the issue something will be done. As you say, it’s not a huge issue, more of an irritation but given that the symptoms appear to be consistent on every 508 they surely must be able to update the software to fix it, especially if it doesn’t happen on other models such as the 3008...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That’s very disappointing! I’m following this up with my dealership and will also be raising the issue when it’s in for its service soon. Perhaps if enough of us raise the issue something will be done. As you say, it’s not a huge issue, more of an irritation but given that the symptoms appear to be consistent on every 508 they surely must be able to update the software to fix it, especially if it doesn’t happen on other models such as the 3008...
Agreed, it's not as if it's a new feature, it's the same screen as my last two 308s. I'm having another go with Peugeot, but as I reported it 3 months ago the least that I'd expect them to do is:
1.Contact France for an update, how long will it be etc
2. If they need to raise a Technical Ticket to speed the process up, which is what they've told me, then organise it. They'll have 508s at Pinley House, Dealers have them, it's not hard to find one for an hour rather than inconvenience the customer.

If they said it'll be another 3 months for example, I'd be okay with that because I know it's coming. It's the apparent attitude that they can't be bothered, 'Go to your Dealer' is about as much as they're capable of.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ah, perfect - so if does work on the 308! This is my first Peugeot with the iCockpit but I already knew that mono mode shouldn’t need to be selected each time and certainly not freeze once selected.

Totally agree with your expectations and that they should manage them with a structured response; an indicative timeline for resolution would go a long way. It’s disappointing that they’ve shown a lack of interest.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know if Peugeot Customer Care is contracted out or they're actual employees, either way they aren't much use, which is common in a lot of call centres these days. When I picked up my new 67 plate 308 in 2017, I went to the service box website to download the full handbook ( even the shortened paper version that comes with the car doesn't fit in the glove box).
I get to the service box website but the 2017 handbook isn't there so I phone Peugeot.
'The handbook for my new 67 308 hasn't been loaded up to the service box website'
'You can order a handbook from your dealer sir'
'It's nothing to do with the dealer, I don't want to order a paper one, Peugeot need to load it up'
'I'm sorry sir, we can't supply handbooks, you need to order one from your dealer'

I've forgotten more than the combined knowledge of their department.

Anyway, the MD of Peugeot UK had opened a couple of refurbished dealers the other day, and on Twitter he remarked that he'd used the new e208 for his trip and how cheap it was going to be to charge up overnight. I replied that he should spend the money he's saved on Peugeot Customer Care because they're bloody useless.The next day I get a reply from Peugeot UK asking for details. So they are supposed to be looking at it again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How difficult can it be to provide a handbook, especially electronically! Having said that, do you use the ScanMyPeugeot app? I only downloaded it last year and it’s pretty handy.

It’s funny how making a comment publicly gets a quick reaction!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately the public comment has resulted in the same comment 'Go back to your Dealer'. They are useless, I've worn jock straps that have given more support.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just got a 68 plate GT Fastback and it has the same issue. Glad it's not just me!
From the looks of it, we just need to be hopeful that an update somewhere down the line will fix it. As it is, it's only an annoyance, it's not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just got a 68 plate GT Fastback and it has the same issue. Glad it's not just me!
From the looks of it, we just need to be hopeful that an update somewhere down the line will fix it. As it is, it's only an annoyance, it's not a deal breaker.
It looks like this bug has been there from launch then if your '68 plate has it. I've been pushing Peugeot Customer Care for an update because the fault is clearly on every car. They've said to take it back to the Dealer so that they can raise a Technical Ticket to help speed the process up. I said that the Dealer has already had the car when I reported the fault, why not use another 508 such as a Demonstrator?
Their reply is that can't be done because it may be a different fault. They're idiots to be frank, if they got rid of the whole department customers wouldn't be any worse off..

I think we're in for a long wait.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts