Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Just last month I bought my first Peugeot.
To my big surprise, on the first trip on bad weather, I noticed moisture in headlights.

Since on this car I still have a guarantee from the car dealer and also from Peugeot (for two more months) I was hoping that this would be resolved in few days.

Made complain to the car dealer, they said I need to check with Peugeot. Done that as well and got an answer that this is normal ?

Is moisture in both headlights really normal? Can you please share your experience?

Many thanks,
Aleksandar

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got condensation in the little clear indicators on the wing mirrors, with headlights you could probably suggest condensation will affect performance but you would need a solicitor or someone to back you up.
If it's not a sealed unit maybe you could take out the bulb and dry it out with a hairdryer and hope it doesn't come back.

·
9,199 Posts
What bulbs do you have fitted, with the extreme cold if you have normal halogen headlights the heat from the bulb can cause minor misting in the headlight.

Other than that maybe the rear cap on the lights is not fitted correctly

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a similar problem when I bought my 3008 (as new).
I used the headlights as often as could and also faced the car into the sun. When the condensation had gone I then polished the outside to stop any moisture getting through to the inside and I have never had any problem since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

Update:
After pushing my case with local Peugeot office, they finally accepted and replaced both headlights.
Thank you all for your posts!

Regards,
Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts